Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adbdwb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Lennox AC13 condensing unit
    I have a Lennox AC13 condensing unit that comes on and then cuts off. It will not stay on
    mw92705 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Check the fan proof switch... the thermostate turns on the fan if after a few seconds, about 90 is the fan proof switch does not activate the controller thinks the fan is not running the shut the unit off... the fan switch has a tube connected to it... this tube is also connected to the out put of the fan... the moving air from the fan goes through the tube and pushes on a diaphram in the proof switch which in turn closed a switch and sends a signal the controller the indicated the fan is running... if the proof switch is bad or the tube is blocked... then you get no proof of air flow..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condensing unit fan not turning fast [ 1 Answers ]

My condensing unit fan is not turning fast enough to push air through the house is there something I can do to speed it up my daughter has asthma and it is hot thanks guys

Central AC condensing unit not coming on [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a house with Central AC. I tested the unit initially and it worked fine. I just turned it on and the outside condensing unit is not coming on. I went out to look, and I see a white wire that is taped to the insulated pipe coming out of the house, and the wire goes to nothing - just...

Leaks a/c condensing unit [ 1 Answers ]

There is no charge in my system, it leaked out. I don't have a vaccuum pump, how can I remove the air, could I run some r-22 through the system to chase the air? If so how can I do this. Do the scharder valve o-rings go bad? If so where can I buy them

Condensing unit not coming on [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have an Amana system that is maybe 15 years old. I can find out if anyone needs to know but I'm at work now so that will have to wait. Anyway, I have noticed that the cold air is not so cold anymore. The past few days that cold air problem has been compounded by the condensing unit not...

New condensing unit problem [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new condensing unit and put freon in the unit, I am getting the same pressure on the high and low sides of the gauges. This leads me to believe that there is a compressor problem or that I put too much gas in it. I am reading 150 psi on the high side and the gauge is pinned on the low...

View more questions Search