Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J Costa Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 2, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Wiring new duraguard air handler
    There is a goodman condensing unit outside and I am installing a duraguard airhandler my question is I have 5 wires for the thermastat red green wh/bl, wh/bk,brown I know my green is fan my red is power and my brown is common on the diagram it has w2 is the white and blue and the wh/black is w1. On my thermastat I only have w2 do I need to wire the emergency heat to the w1 or do I need to run a jumper and eliminate the emergency wire. Also the common wire has a pigtail with a spade terminal on it and in the diagram it shows it just hanging there even after it is connected to the thermastat.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Are you dealing with or connecting a heatpump, or a air only condenser unit?

Oct 3, 2007, 04:45 AM
    The condenser is a heat pump the air handler can be wired for both.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 07:41 AM
    It hardly sounds like you have enough wires for a heat pump. There is a sticky at the top of this forum which includes thermostat wiring.

Oct 3, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Where is the sticky

Oct 3, 2007, 08:09 AM
    I have a heat pump outside the way they had the old airhandler wired to it is as follows green to green to fan relay red to red common from relay to outside, white of therm with black off therm with pigtailed wire to sequencer and white from outside to the w2 on the board. In the therm there is no jumper from w2 to e it is wired white to white black to e like it should So the new wires I have from the handler is red green brown{common}, white with blue stripe and white with black stripe. Don't know how to wire it.
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Scroll up to the top of this question. In the upper left corner it has Ask Me Help Desk > Home & Garden > Heating & Air Conditioning
    Wiring new duraguard air handler wiring new duraguard air handler click on heating and Air Conditioning. The sticky sticks to the top of the list of questions. Click on it and then click on thermostat wiring. You should have directions that came with the air handler to help figure out the terminals. The wires to the outside unit and reversing valves should stay the same. Was the transformer in the old air handler?

Oct 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Yes The Transformer Was In The Air Handler
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Wire up the power and one lead to red and one to brown.

Oct 3, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Thank you for all your help I have it up and running. I appreciate you getting back with me. I ended up wiring it red to red tied in with the float switch in the circuit, the brown common to the blue from outside and I tied the whites together with the black from therm then orange to orange green to green yellow to yellow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

A/c thermostat wiring air handler and condenser [ 1 Answers ]

The air handler tells the condenser what to do,how do the wires go? From the t-stat yellow,red,green,white,blue! From the condenser,red and white?in the air handler red,white,green,blue,orange,brownand yellow what goes where and how do they connect

Wiring Diagram for a Goodman Air Handler [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can obtain a wiring diagram/schematic for a Goodman Air Handler? The Model# is AEPT 030-00C-1A; Serial #0508047623; 208/240v - single phase; 2 amp 1/2 HP motor. Thanks. Eugeno

Which Air Handler Circuit Board Wiring Diagram? [ 2 Answers ]

Had a new Heat Pump installed earlier this week by an independent. Guy did a decent job but I found a fault in the air handler wiring so now I'm second guessing this whole deal. Outdoor unit is a Goodman GSH140421A (3.5 ton) Indoor unit is a Goodman AEPF42601 w/10K heat strips After the...

View more questions Search