Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m8ducks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Lennox whisperheat pilot won't stay lit after combustion
    I have a Lennox whisperheat furnace with electronic ignition.It clicks and lights the pilot for about a second (with a pretty blue flame)then it clicks and the pilot goes out.I know the clicking is a gas valve working,but other than that I don't know.Why won't it stay lit and ignite?Your help would be greatly appreciated!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 09:05 PM
    I would check the flame rectifier circuit. Usually there is a sensor that detects flame and allows the unit to continue to operate once the flame is established. I would check the sensor or replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Gas furnace pilot won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

About 1 month ago pilo light wouldn't stay lit so I replaced the thermocouple.. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks. After that when relighting it would go out after 1 day or so. Bought a new thermocouple and this one would only keep the pilot lit for 1 to 2 hours. Reinstalled the thermocouple I...

Fireplace logs pilot won't stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

The pilot on my fireplace logs lights with no problem, but won't stay lit. I have held the dial in for as long as 10 minutes but, as soon as I release it, the pilot goes out. Help would be appreciated

Water heater pilot won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, last Friday BGE (Baltimore Gas and Electric) turned off the gas supply to a couple row houses on my block. They said water had gotten in the gas line and they were in the process of clearing it out. On Tuesday, when I was able to get my heat back (electric ignitor), the service guy tried to...

Pilot Lit But Blowers Won't Stay Fired [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot stays lit, but the burners won't. Not sure what's wrong.

View more questions Search