Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cop_rich Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Wiring issues with Hunter 44155c.
    I am having wiring issues with Hunter 44155c. I thought I had it but my heater does not seem to be functioning. It may be the circuit breaker. My old wires are red, green, white, blue, and yellow. How do I place them on the hunter 44155c.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Not sure wiring of that model, most Fans are white-neutral, green or bare is ground, black is fan, and blue, or black/white for light.
    If those are the wires at ceiling, then maybe red/constant hot or switchleg( Fan switch will help identify color). Green is ground. White to white for neutral. Blue may be to light(Light switch will help identify color). Yellow is usually light wire(Wire from switch will help identify color).

Sep 20, 2007, 05:28 PM
    On the hunter themostat I placed the white on w/b, green on g, yellow on y/0, red on rh, blue on rc.
    With this configuration my A\C or fan doe not come on but my heat works.

I changed to reb to rc, and blue to rh. Now my A|C works but not my heat. What do you think the problem is?
    Old thermostate will still work both heat and air. The old thermostat does not read the temp correctly.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Connect the red wire to both RH & RC. Often the thermostat comes with a jumper between them. Connect the rest of the wires as in your first try. Any more questions, see the sticky at the top of the forum. The first answer sounds like directions for a ceiling fan which Hunter makes too.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Sorry about that,I was thinking Ceiling Fan, Many model numbers to remember.
    Poster did mention Heater? A No Brainer?
    Hope you got answer from above.

Sep 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Sorry about the mix up. I was asking about the thermostat wiring

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help to replace thermostat Honeywell T841a for Hunter 44155c [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to replace my T841a 1712 Non-Programmable Heat Pump Universal Thermostat for a Hunter Model 44155C, but I can't make the new unit work.:confused: The Honeywell thermostat has the following connections: Color Cable Terminal Blue -----> X Red -----> W2 ...

Hunter Thermostat wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I seem to have "developed" a problem tonight. I just removed my old manual thermo and labeled the wiring accordingly. It looked the heat hot came into a spot labeled "4". Then it was jumpered to Rc. So when I hooked up the Hunter programmable 44360, there was already a jumper between Rc and...

Hunter 44360 Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I have searched and could not find my answer. I tried putting in the 44360 programmable today and can't get any cool air. It's a heat pump, all electric. Here's what I had: White - Y2 Brown - C Orange - W2 Blue - W

Hunter thermostat wiring? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 25 y/o unit, one part of furnace in the attic and a outside unit all electric The outside says magic chef The old thermostat is a honeywell with the following wiring: Wire color ----------position Green G Red RC also jumpers to RH...

Hunter 44155c wiring issues [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace an old rheem thermostat with a hunter Model 44155C. The wiring colors are confusing to a novice like me. There are five wires: red, green, blue, yellow and white. The hunter thermostat has connections for RH, RC, G, Y/O, W/B, and Y1. The only two wires that I am relatively...

View more questions Search