Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike151 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Air Handler Blower
    One of the 3 brackets that attaches the fan motor to the blower housing on my inside a/c unit has broken, causing the motor to tilt to one side. I pulled the blower and tie-wired the motor to the housing and it seems to be holding. Hopefully this will last a few days. I could adapt a universal bracket for a more long term solution but I would like to replace the motor & squirrel cage assembly with another that will move more air, yet still fit inside my blower housing. Is this feasible? Even if I wanted an exact replacement, I can't find any model numbers anywhere on the unit. What information does the guy at the a/c store need to insure that he sells me something that will suit my needs.
    Thanks for the help.
    Mike
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Why do you want to move more air? Clean the dirt off the fan and it will move faster. If your motor is 3 speed, just change the lead. Model # should be on the air handler panel. Maybe look on the inside of the panel
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Look in the phone book in your area for a manufacturers distributor for your equipment and give them the model number of your air handler and they can order it for you.
    Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Air Conditioner .Air handler too.both stopped? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an air handler in the garage that started leaking a week or so ago. I have an ouside air conditioner (central?) and it also has stopped... when I move the thermostat I hear it click on but no air... Anybody?

Air handler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a heat pump. When the air conditioner comes on it sounds normal then after a few seconds I hear like a swooshing noise coming from the air handler in the attic. It makes the noise then stops then few seconds later does it again.and keeps doing that every time.We had to have freon put in the...

Blower/Air Handler motor noise. Loud humming. [ 2 Answers ]

We have ~ 1991 Carrier 58sx high efficiency condensing furnace and central AC. Now the air handler is making a loud humming/vibration noise when the fan kicks in (the blower motor for the air handler makes the noise, not the gas furnace/exhaust blower). The serious electrical humm is loudest when...

Air handler [ 4 Answers ]

Our home inspection for the sale of our home specifies that "there is a small amount of growth starting on the paper located on the motor. Seller shall clean the paper and treat the unit with an anti microbial agent." Please tell me how to get into the air handler, and with what anti microbial...

View more questions Search