Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gordo333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Amana 80 sseII, Pressure Switch stuck open!
    Hi,

I have a Amana 80 SSE II furnace 5 years old which is giving me an error of pressure switch stuck open. (red light flashes three times). Any ideas as to trouble shooting the problem. The vacuum tube to switch is clear. Can I test the switch to know if it is working correctly. Any other ideas or thoughts on the problem.

Thanks
    Gordon
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Try taking the tube off the fan housing and stick a small wire or drill bit in the hose fitting to make sure it is not plugged up. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Key stuck in ignition switch [ 1 Answers ]

Ok. I had the issue to where the car was stuck in park and I had no break lights so I switched out the brake switch. That now works fine. But now my problem is after making this swap the car doesn't recognize being in park in that it won't allow me to remove the key. I can turn the car off and...

Pressure Switch is open [ 1 Answers ]

My heater was working fine this past winter. And I even turned it on in October once and it was working fine. I live in a mobile home and have an Intertherm heater. It keeps telling me the pressure switch is open and won't turn on. I don't even know what the pressure switch is! It does the...

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search