Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayesr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Heating and air conditioning
    Where do I set the heat anticipator indicator on model 383 KAV?

Thank you
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 04:45 PM
    The best way to set any anticipator is to check the amp draw of the heating wire (W) while it is calling for heat, if you have a snap around amp meter wrap a thermostat wire around the leg of the meter 10 times and put it on the lowest scale, usually about 20, connect one end of wire to the white wire from thermostat and the other end of the wire that you wrapped around amp meter to the "W" terminal of the thermostat. You can do this at the furnace as well, just find the white wire coming from the thermostat, cut it ,connect wire wrapped around the amp meter to one end of white wire, then connect the other end of the white wire to the other end of wire around amp meter . What you are doing is providing a continuous wire from the thermostat to the gas valve but the amp draw is multiplied by 10, so if you see 4 amps on your meter you divide it by 10 and you get .4 amps this is what you set the anticipator at. The reason you wrap is because most amp meters will not give you this low of a reading on the meter OR you can look on the gas valve and see what the amp rating is, they are normally marked. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating & Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: We had our heat pump replaced and all the ductwork replaced. Before they completed I expressed concern about moisture. There had never been a problem before. After 5 visits we still have condensation on a bedroom duct grill and a bathroom duct grill which is ruining our ceiling. My question...

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean when th cooling on light flashes on your eat and air digital thermometer?

Heating and air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

How to test a 120 to 24 volt transformer can you use ohms if its out of the system?

Air conditioning and heating problem [ 7 Answers ]

My air conditioner keeps freezing up and usually all it needs is more freon. Now my heating won't shut off the thermostat seems to be stuck on 75* even though I have it on 70* or I think it is clicking when I pull it by 75* when I tried to get it to shut off. Is my thermostat gone bad or is it...

View more questions Search