Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yyz_mike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Ductless A/C with Heat Pump - Heat pump does not come on
    Hi

The A/C works great but in the morning when its cool outside and I switch on the Heat the indoor unit makes a clicking sound and the fan stays off - after about 8 minutes I switch to A/C I get a rush of ice cold air along with some mist. Seems like when I switch to heat the indoor unit just ices up.

The A/C guy said 'if the A/C works, then so will the heat pump' - not a lot of help. He said it could be the control unit of the indoor unit - meaning new circuit board, or the reversing valve is sticking.

The dealer was not helpful 1 bit.

The unit is a Celiera 1200BTU - some brand trying to make a mark in North America.

Any words of experience would be appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
    First contact the contractor who did the install. They should know what the problem is.
    More than likely it is a control problem but if not installed correctly it could have other problems as well.
    This is becoming more of a problem lately as cheap junk is being imported and sold to unsuspecting customers who are told they can do the install themselves or they are easy to fix if they break.

Many of these units have a substandard design or designs to make it cheaper.
    I will never forget last year when my brother in law bought a split wall unit. He could not get it to run correctly and asked me to come over and take a look.What a nightmare it was. Part of the reason it did not work right was because the liquid line acts as a cap tube and he cut it off not thinking the unit would need it.

Little did he know that the liquid line was size specific and was acting as a metering valve cap tube setup. We had to fish the copper out of the trash and braze it back onto the line. Then we pulled a Vac and recharged .
    Good luck with getting it fixed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Electric Heat-Pump-No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I had a wall-mounted unit installed in a room in may of this summer. In the middle of the night the heat shut off and has not come back on since. It is an Amana, electric heat with heat pump unit. The cooling works, the heating setting does not blow air at all. When I remove the cover it says...

Heat pump stuck in heat mode [ 4 Answers ]

I have a heat pump that seems to be stuck in heat mode. When you try to turn the a/c on it runs heat. I got the a/c to run by cycling the power a couple of times but after having to use the heat again, it is stuck again. Could this be an electrical problem or is it probably the reversing valve?

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

Ductless Air Conditioner/Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 225 sq.ft. insulated bonus room with a 7' ceiling over my garage. Although there are two supply lines and a return to this room from 3 Ton Central Air unit they are not sufficient to cool or heat this room. In fact, the 3 ton unit was really only sized for the 2500 sq. ft. main floor. ...

View more questions Search