Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CandisH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Honeywell RTH230B
    Is there a way that I can use my thermostat without it being programmed to come on at a specific time. Someone has reset it somehow and now the A/C isn't coming on during the night which in the summer time is unbearable. I just want to be able to set it so that it comes on when I hit the button. I don't want it to be an automatic setting because at this point it won't even let me adjust the temperature.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Press the "MODE" button and the little house will disappear, now you are in manual operation. Mike
    CandisH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by acetc
    Press the "MODE" button and the little house will disapear, now you are in manual operation. Mike

Ok, that sounds great... but what's the "MODE" button!:confused:
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 02:54 PM
    The mode button is the first button on the right in your thermostat, open the front cover and it will say mode above this button.
    Icymint Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CandisH
    Is there a way that I can use my thermostat without it being programmed to come on at a specific time. Someone has reset it somehow and now the A/C isn't coming on during the night which in the summer time is unbearable. I just want to be able to set it so that it comes on when I hit the button. I don't want it to be an automatic setting because at this point it won't even let me adjust the temperature.
    Hi CandisH,
    Do you still have the manual? If you do not have it anymore, you can get/read a copy at Introduction - Honeywell or at this link: http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1800.pdf. The instructions to change the default settings are on section 3.4.
    I hope this helps. I used to have the same thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a very old thermostat, White-Rodgers 135-415, which I'd like to convert to a Honeywell RTH230B. Currently there are only 3 wires that are connected to the thermostat (which is only for my apartment's heat. White wire is connected to what looks to be labeled "Common" Black...

Honeywell rth230b installation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a Honeywell LR69071 with a RTH230B. The LR69071 is currently wired the following. W2 white R red G green Y yellow B blue X black

Honeywell rth230b [ 2 Answers ]

I installed the honeywell rth230b thermostat in the house for a furnace. I hooked all the yellow wire green wire and white wire up to each of the corresponding holes for each color I have a red wire and two holes for rc and rh not sure which hole to put the wire and is it supposed to be jumpered...

Honeywell rth230b [ 4 Answers ]

This winter I installed honeywell rth230b. Heater works great, but I have no a/c. I have 6 wires from wall. Rh--red Rc--blue W--white Y--yellow G--green Brown not being used Help it is 90 deg. I need my a/c Thank you all

Honeywell RTH230B [ 6 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat but am not sure of the wiring. I have 6 wires colored as follows, red, green, white, yellow, and 2 blue wires. Please advise?

View more questions Search