Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meri223 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Goodman Furnaces
    I am looking to replace my furnace/AC in the next couple of months. Goodman has been recommended to me by my furnace guy. In doing some research on the internet, it seems that they are not rated very high and have several repair issues. Any comments on the brand?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Without having to say bad things about Goodman, if you are already in douth then you should get at least three bids (which are free) and go with what you feel the most comfortable with . Try Carrier, Trane , Lennox as a start, but keep in mind that they all make different models in each ton, (the old saying you get what you pay for) The way an air conditioning system is installed is just as important if not more so.
    Ask your friends for a referral. Good luck. Mike
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:19 PM
    There are many Goodman units in my area. They have all been very good reliable units. You can get a lemon with anything you buy. Most important is to get a good installation. If you trust the company selling and installing the unit go for it. I know you will get many varying opinons on this question. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnaces [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my gas furnace staying lit can you please help me?

Goodman [ 2 Answers ]

I'm shopping for a new forced air furnace. The lowest price I have is for a high efficiency furnace made by Goodman. Never heard of this manufacturer. What is the quality rating for Goodman high efficiency furnaces? Thanks

Goodman CKL36IL [ 1 Answers ]

Is this a heat pump or not? It seems from the specs to just be an A/C Unit? If so, my builder just screwed me.

Humidifier w/ 2 furnaces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house that is appx 3000 sq ft. The bubilder put in 2 furnaces 1 for the upper level and one for the lower. I would like to get a humidifer but don't know if I need 2 (1 for ea furnace ) or if I just put one on one of the furnaces Thanks

Filters on Furnaces [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble opening the furnace door to install new filters. It is a Carrier furnace. Help! Thanks.

View more questions Search