Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walnutcrazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 08:12 AM
    How to reverse Harbor Breeze fan when remote unit not installed
    I have a Harbor Breeze Exceter 52" fan. The remote unit was not wired in and I would like to know if the fan can be reversed or how does it need to be wired on the wall to facilitate this function to work.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Does the fan have pullchains?
    walnutcrazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 05:46 AM
    No there are no pull chains or any switches up near the fan motor that I can see.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Does the remote unit, that is not wired in, have a reverse button on it?

Chances are there is a reverse button hidden somewhere on the fan body.
    silvermetalman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Remove your ceiling cap and pull the receiving unit out. You should have 4 wires on one side of the receiver and two (plus ground) on the other. Each one of the wires on the four wire side (I think there is a white, a black, a blue and an orange) has a corresponding wire of the same color coming up the pipe coming up from the fan body. If you don't have these four wires matched up re-wire it. If your receiving unit has less than four on the "to the fan side" you have the wrong receiver (someone probably retro-fitted a off-brand receiver) and you will need to go to Lowe's and order a new one. If your receiver is not burned up and it is wired right AND you have the Harbor Breeze hand held control, all should work. Good luck!
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 02:40 PM
    He didn't wire in the receiving unit. How did you wire the fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze C/Fan remote trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed three Harbor Breeze ceiling fans (Grand Lodge) and one of the fans mysteriously turns itself on. The fans are installed under a patio cover with about 20' separating each fan. My client wanted all three fans operated with one remote so the receivers/remotes are all using...

Harbor Breeze Cascade fan w/remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently purchased 4 of the above ceiling fans with remotes for a new house. In 1 of the bedrooms I can control the light from the switch but in the other 3 bedrooms I can only control the light via the remote. Any ideas? Thanks!

Harbor Breeze fan/light with remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a Harbor Breeze fan/light with remote. It is operated by a 3way switch. Each time the switch is turned on, the fan and/or light has to be "manually" turned on with the remote, even though the light was "on" when the switch was turned off. Appears to be no memory in the ...

Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Control Wall Unit [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering... I have purchased in the past about 3 "sets" of the Harbor Breeze Remote Control Wall Units where you have both a remote control that controls the light and/or ceiling fan, and also a wall unit (that you put in place of your regular light switch) that can also be used to operate...

Harbor breeze fan with hunter remote [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the fan from another room where it was working fine to put it in another bedroom. When I hook up the wiring according to the receiver I get nothing from the fan. When I bypasseb the remote receiver I got only the fan spinning and the lights wouldn't turn on. I didn't note the wiring when I...

View more questions Search