Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SMORGAN Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Replacement blower motor wiring
    I purchased a replacemet fan motor for an older rheem heat pump. The wiring is different from the original. There are 2 browns for the capacitor, one green to ground, a black common, and a yellow one labeled "line". Where does the yellow wire connect? The old one had 2 for capacitor and one common.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Both brown wires go to the capacitor (and no others) the black and yellow wires will go to the contactor (one on each leg or terminal) which is where the black wire connected originally the other wire that went to the old capacitor is where you connect the yellow wire.If you have a duel capacitor (identified by having three terminals ) then you can connect the yellow wire to the "C" terminal on the old capacitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Blower motor has 4 wires +ground. 1 yellow 1 blk & 2 brwn(one with a small copper band on it) How is it to be wired to power? Which is common and which for speed? Thanks.

Furnace blower motor wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old furnace blower that I want to convert to a shop air clearner. I want the motor to operate from a normal 110 volt switch. My question is which wires do I connect to the switch? The motor is a 1/2 hp Emerson Model K55HXLGG3702 It has 6 wires - black, white, brown, blue, red, yellow

Replacement furnace motor wiring question [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing our existing furnace blower motor. The old motor had two speeds; the new one only has one speed. The old motor had 3 wires: black, white, and blue/white spiral. The new motor has two wires, both black but one has a raised ridge that I was told was the neutral or "white" wire. ...

Furnace Blower Motor replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker furnace with General 90 controller. My blower motor stopped working and when I try to turn it on it gets hot, smells like something burning and no air. Capicator was tested and it is OK. Motor is driving excessive current and just heats up. HVAC technician quoted $700 to...

View more questions Search