Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TerrieT2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Honda Accord 1996 check engine light ?
    What does it mean when the "check" light comes on my 1996 Honda Accord ?
    What's the worst thing that can happen?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Not being able to drive your car, since it won't pass inspection. It could also indicate that something is seriously wrong with the ignition system, where the car could suddenly die in the left lane in rush hour traffic going 65 mph. Such situations can be very dangerous. My Honda never gave me any trouble, until the Check Engine Light came on and the car wouldn't start. It turned out I had to replace the computer. That's the nature of electronics.

Take it to AutoZone and they will hook it up to a code reader for free. It may turn out to only be a bad oxygen sensor, which is affecting your gas mileage. Regardless, the computer has something it wants you to know.
    orangeonion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    Gave me an idea on what I could do next

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light on a 97 honda civic [ 6 Answers ]

What are some of the reasons for the check engine light to come on in a 97 honda civic , I have already changed the upper and lower o2 sensors ?

Check Engine Light on 1996 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

The check engine light on my 1996 Honda Accord has come on. I took it to the auto zone and the guy told me I needed new spark plugs. Well I got the spark plugs put on and the light still did not go off. So I took the car back to the shop to get it looked at and the code that came up was misfire in...

Check Engine Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1996 [ 1 Answers ]

What Could Be The Reason Why My Check Engine Light Comes On, Also How Often Do I Need To Change The Oil, Tires?

89 honda accord check engine light [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a 89 Honda Accord LXI, check engine light is on, idles rough, then after shut off it won't re start for about 15min, and I smell a really strong gas smell, it turns over but won't start Thanks for any help

98 accord loss of oil and check engine light coming on [ 3 Answers ]

My check engine light came on and I noticed that the car was very low on oil. I reset the light and added oil. I drove the car for a mile or so and noticed that the oil I put in was gone. I don't see any puddles of oil or any places that look like oil is leaking. 2 Years ago I had something like...

View more questions Search