Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sipak Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Carrier vs. Trane vs. Rheem- comment on quote below .
    Hi.
    I currently have 4 tone builder grade that got busted and not working any more.

Here are some replacement quotes I've:

1. Carrier
    14 Seer # 24ACA348A003 and FV4BNF005000 $5600

15 Seer Carrier Variable Speed $6924

2. Trane
    13 Seer Fixed Speed (R232) $4595
    14 Seer Veriable Speed (R410A) $4960

3. Kenmore
    14 Seer 1 Speed $5866

4. Rheem
    13 Seer Fixed Speed (R22) $5314

Which one is best price quote and best value that you recommend.

Many thanks.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 04:17 PM
    I would say that the Trane appears cheaper then the Carrier, the Rheem is the most expensive considering it is a 13 SEER, the Kenmore is the most expensive 14 SEER, From my own experience I would say that the Trane 14 SEER is the most for the money and it is probably equal to Carrier in quality.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 04:25 PM
    There is more to it than just the quotes, first how long has the distributer, and dealer been in the business? Are they going to be there for the next ten years or so, if they do go out of business who will handle any warranty problems you might have?

What all was considered in each one of the bids? Does each bid include the same word? Are all of them going to replace your freon lines with a thicker wall copper if you need it. Is one going to do some insulating that the other may not do? Do all of the bids include the same warranty, such a ten year parts and labor warranty and if so does the warranty allow you to call anyone for the warranty service or do you have to call the company that installed the system, some say you have to call the company that put it in and it is possible that you will not be on speaking terms by the time he gets through installing it in the first place.

In one bid there is a difference of $1324 between the 14 S.E.E.R Carrier and the 15 S.E.E.R Carrier. How many years do you think it will take you to recoup that money in electrical and/or gas savings.

So as you see there are a lot of things to consider, so if I were you I would get lots of past history of all concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane, Carrier or? ; R410A or R22? [ 17 Answers ]

Help. I live in a home with two A/C-Heat pump units that are around 15-16 years old. Since we moved in 10 years ago, we have had yearly problems with at least one of the systems or both. The outside box (condensor/compressor?) was replaced, the system would freeze, Freon would be low at least...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

Comment needs interpretation [ 16 Answers ]

In a email my BF wrote to a woman (someone he used to work with and they were friends)... he wrote "Lin and I are doing fine. We haven't decided on anything yet. I think that we both have feet that are cold wet and cold. I had her car toned up, new tires, and a remote start. That is as close to...

Mortified from comment [ 9 Answers ]

This is not really a question but a vent in the need of support! I was at the gym this morning working out as usual and have had a problem with an impatient gym member. She always wants the equipment now! Anyway, today was the same thing... BUT, she walks away from me and says... " look at...

View more questions Search