Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twotwenty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Bryant 395CAV blower speeds
    Hello,

It appears that my furnace (Bryant 395CAV) isn't blowing cool air at a high enough speed. I don't feel that the house is as cool as it should be - the air coming from the vents is cold, although it doesn't seem to circulate around as much as it could. I've done some "balancing" and still..

I had the front off, the fan speed selection block has the following terminals filled: Heat, Cool, and Spare 2. Spare 1 is open. Perhaps this needs to be switched/rewired/etc? Can I do anything myself or should I call in a Bryant person?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
    From motor red is low blue is med and black is high. Is black connected to cool connection? Other things effect poor air flow. Is the fan on the blower motor clean? Do you have a new and clean filter in return? Is the evaporator clean? Are all the registers and return open and free from blockage of furniture etc? Put a thermometer in a supply vent. Check temp at return.I the temp difference 18-20 degree? If you have pets inside house probably have hair on evaporator. Seen it many times. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to run fan only to circulate the air Bryant 395CAV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum and beginner in heating system. I would like to know if there is a way to rewired or jumped wires to make the fan run only (without heat) to circulate the air fom the basement. My furnace is a Bryant model 395 CAV Series G, thermostat is only 2 wires. If I have not...

Bryant furnace blower restarts momentarily [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I own a vintage Bryant #394GAD036100 furnace that is working just fine accept for one little problem. The unit cycles and maintains the desired temp setpoint (heating mode) but after the main recirc blower shuts off it restarts momentarily one time approx 2 sec later, And again approx...

No blower on Bryant mdl plus 80t [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Bryant Plus 80 t unit the blower will not kick in after the burner lights up, I've checked the fuse on control panel , not blown, a small led light on control panel blinks on and off. Stat is digital and working, burners have bright blue flame and shut down after a minute or...

Bryant 395CAV Furnace Won't Start [ 3 Answers ]

The furnace typically takes three or four ignition cycles before flame extends down burner to reach the flame sensor. It seems to light only halfway down burner on most attempts. Sometimes reaches shut off and then I have to flick switch to repeat cycle. Help.

Bryant Blower Motor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace that is 13 yrs. Old. I would like to take the blower motor out and replace it with a new model. Is there a correct way to remove the blower without tearing the whole furnace apart?

View more questions Search