Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcraig Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Carrier Thermostat/Temperature stuck at 76 degrees
    Our Carrier Thermostat gets "stuck" at 76 degrees and will not go lower when the A/C is set at a lower temperature. The house feels cooler than 76 degrees but does not reflect that on the thermostat's temperature gauge. We have replaced the batteries but that seems to make no difference. The fan runs continuously but the thermostat does not change. Any ideas? Should we just replace the thermostat?

Thanks!
    gcraig Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
    d)
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Test it out with another thermostat or thermometer. Put it right next to the current one, and see what it says. Easiest way to find out what's wrong. What you think may feel 'cooler' may not actually be cooler than 76, you could just be feeling low humidity or a draft.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat will not keep temperature setting [ 2 Answers ]

The problem we have usually happens when it gets really cold, about 20 Degrees - We have a Lux electronic thermostat, and the furnace will not kick on when the temperatures goes below the setting. We have to manually do this - then the furnace runs for a little bit, enough to raise the temperature...

Day & Night by Carrier fan blower motor stuck on and heat doesn't work [ 22 Answers ]

:confused: Day & Night by Carrier central heating and a/c unit a/c unit model # 518CXX057000MACA date of mgf=1791 heating unit model# 394JAZ060080AAFA date of mgf=4592 Efficiency= natural draft? Type= forced air

Heater doesn't reach temperature set on thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I've found that although our programmable thermostat is set at 68 degrees the heat only seems to come on when the house gets to 62 degress and then shuts off when it gets to 66 degrees. Is this a problem with the thermostat or the heater? We have just moved into this house and the heater is new but...

Degrees I Temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My question is: There are 4 (or more)different types of degrees, there are Farenheight, Celsius, Kalvin, and?. I was having trouble with this. Can you help me. I had no luck.

Temperature control/thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Our new home of approximately 2000 sq. ft. has two heating sources, a heat pump for the upstairs and a gas furnace for the first floor. We do not have a basement. The stairway is open to a second floor loft with two bedrooms and a bath enclosed. I have set back thermostats on both heaters. I am...

View more questions Search