Ask
    mdownfall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Priming a beckett oil burner
    How do you Prime a beckett oil burner?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 08:14 AM
    See page 22 picture number 5 for what the pump looks like. On the pump will be a bleed screw. Start burner and open bleed screw allowing air to escape. Close bleed screw right away when air stops coming out.

NOTE this may take more than one time to get the air ouit. If the burner shuts down on safety during the bleeed process close valve right away to not let air get sucked back in since the check valve in the pump could be weak.

http://www.beckettcorp.com/protect/t...104BAFGR04.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett AFG Oil Burner [ 9 Answers ]

Before I call a repair man would anyone here have an answer to why my oil burner will not kick on? Because of the cost of oil and the summer months offering some relief from the expense I decided to switch off the emergency switch so my expense on heating the hot water would be limited. For 2 days...

Beckett oil burner-forced hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace doesn't start up when the temperature drops. It restarts when Iuse the reset button. What do you think the problem is?

Beckett Oil Burner AFG [ 8 Answers ]

The Beckett AFG caused some trouble this year when my grandchildren accidentally turned off the EMERGENCY OIL Burner switch at the top of the stair case.. For some reason it caused water to spray out flooding the floor. I'd like to know how this could be prevented? I was told by the repair man the...

How do you change a knozzle on a Beckett burner? [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to find out how to change the knozzle on my Beckett Burner.

How to prime a beckett burner on oil furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a used furnace, approximately 3 years old. I am trying to prime the burner but the pump is not running long enough. The literature I have says to bypass the timer. How do I do this?

View more questions Search