Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremu Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Washing machine clothes still wet after spin cycle
    Kenmore 80 Series Washer
    Model: 110.82881810

After my washing machine is done the clothes are still wet and there is a puddle of water at the bottom of the basket.

I filled the washer with water on Small Load then I stuck a screwdriver in the hole for the lid switch so it would spin while the lid was open.
    It seems to be draining slowly, but it is spinning fast like it should.
    It drained all the way, but then water come back up from the bottom.

Next I took out the drain hose and put it in the washing machine to see if it was draining. There was a steady stream coming out.

Any clue why it's draining so slow and coming back up?

Dec 29, 2009, 11:29 PM

I figured it out! The drain hose was clogged.

I removed the drain hose... I know this next part is gross... then I put my mouth on the end and blew. I felt a little resistance so I got a small flash light and sure enough there was some lint? Or something stuck in there.

So I got a wire hanger and put it through, making sure not to puncture the hose. Then I attached my vacuum cleaner hose to the other end and kept working the lint till it got sucked out. Did another blow test and all clear.

Next I reattached the hoes to the washer and filled it with water again. Then put the drain hose in the washing machine to see if how well it was draining. This time it was like Niagara Falls.

Problem solved.

Now I got to figure out what to do about the whining noise while the washer is running.

Dec 29, 2009, 11:31 PM
    I thought I would mention I just replaced a leaking water pump last week. I don't know if the water pump broke cause of the clog, but just wanted to mention it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spin cycle leaves very wet clothes [ 0 Answers ]

Spin cycle: Normal wash cycle works, but the spin cycle leaves the clothes wet, the agaitor does not spin in a positive direction in the spin cycle, with the lid open, I can reach in and stop the agaitor in the spin cycle, it is a clutch motor driven . The is a pile of black crud under the...

Kenmore washing machine spin cycle [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore washer will go through the wash cylce but when it reaches the spin cycle the water will drain out but will not spin out. I did replace the motor isolation cupling, but that did not take care of the problem. I'm thinking that the control magnet could be the culprit. Any thoughts?? LAJ

Washing machine noisy spin cycle. [ 1 Answers ]

Maytag Performa washing machine makes a loud roaring humming noise only when in spin cycle, with water leakage under the machine.

Washing Machine Noise During Spin Cycle [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Maytage Neptune MAH4000 washing machine. Lately, the spin cycle has been getting more noisy until now when it sounds like an airplane ready to taxi down the runway. I opened the back of the washer to observe and noticed a lot of vibration and large sway of the tub during spin. ...

View more questions Search