Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjharvey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Goodman/Janitrol furnace blows but no warm air
    I have a goodman/janitrol AC/natural gas exterior unit. Model year 1992. This season it worked fine the first time it was on. A week later I turned it on and it doesn't blow warm air anymore. It will blow and blow but the air is never warm. Outside next to the unit, you can hear something clicking very regular. The serviceman said I need a spark igniter for 160 bucks. This on top of the 105 he charged me to come out and look at it. First, I haven't been able to find a schematic of this unit so that I can locate the igniter myself and replace it. Does anyone know what this igniter looks like, or how hard it is to replace? (I've already been to Goodman's site--no luck). Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Cjh
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 11, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Look around on the sticky notes at the beginning of this board. The ignitor is usually near the burner tube. Your system is called a packaged unit. It is not like a split system that is in most houses. Look on the door of the unit for a wiring diagram etc. It might ist the ignitor.
    cjharvey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Look around on the sticky notes at the begining of this board. The ignitor is usually near the burner tube. Your system is called a packaged unit. It is not like a split system that is in most houses. Look on the door of the unit for a wiring diagram etc. It might ist the ignitor.
    Diagram on the inside panel is too faded to read, can't find the igniter on it.
    Thanks,
    Cjh
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
    I have no listing for your unit so I can be of little qualified help. You might post a complete and accurate model number and I will see what I have in my books from the shop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman GMP100-4 blows cold air [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a GMP100-4 that blows cold. The pilot light is on and the burners burn but only for a few seconds before turning off again. The blower is on all the time so I'm getting little to no heat around the house. I've replaced the filter, I assume there is only one and it is situated...

Code 33 air conditioner blows warm air [ 2 Answers ]

a/c blows warm air.. I checked and replaced my filters and vents(as best I could).is there another way or better yet. Can someone pont me in the right direction for other things to check... the blower and everything else appears to be working fine. The wheel spins.. Any help or guidance would be...

My furnace only blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a townhouse, and last weekend the furnace worked fine. Now, all that I get out of the registers is cool air. The furnace ran almost all night, but no warm air at all. What might the problem be?

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

Heater blows warm air but also cold [ 1 Answers ]

Our heater blows warm air out as it is supposed to, but also blows cold air out of the cold air return vents. Any idea on how to fix this short of replacing the system?

View more questions Search