Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHAGOLDS Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 03:35 PM
    The pilot on my propane furnace will not light
    The pilot on my propane furnace will not light. The tank is full, turned on , we have pressure at the regulator where it enters the house,the line is turn on at the furnace, but can't get a flame at the pilot. All systems are go but can't get the propane to flow from pilot.:mad:
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Have you tried losing the gas line to the furnace to see if you have gas to the furnace?Modern propane furnaces have a pressure switch to shut down the system if the incoming pressure is to low, Check with a manometer and compare to what is called for on the name tag in the furnace. Make sure thermostat is calling for heat or pilot will not lite. Good luck, Mike
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:13 PM
    The pilot orifice for LP is very small it will not take much to block off the gas 100%. The pilot orifice may be dirty.
    royalpoyneer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Is there someone in the area that would help a womanand her mother who has lost her leg and in a wheel chair that would help? Out of the love of god?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace pilot light not working [ 9 Answers ]

My house furnace pilot light not working although repeated several times restart procedures. Not sure what caused this problem.

Pilot on propane furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I can't get the pilot on my prpane furnace to light

Pilot light on propane furnace won't light [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! This is a little long, please bear with me... Two days ago we woke up to a very cold house, and upon investigation found that the pilot light on the furnace had gone out. Searched around, didn't smell much gas - so we tried to re-light it. Well, it lit and stayed lit (and we got the...

The Snuffed Pilot Light on our Old Propane Furnace. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have read most of the posts here, for the snuffing pilot light, and it is wonderful all the helpful people out there. We have an old, propane gas furnace called a J-Line by Moffat. To give you a little history, it has about 30 years of history. It was used part time to heat our house for...

View more questions Search