Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmattice Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
    New Home owner with new plumbing issues
    We bought a brick rancher 1.5 years ago and never really had any problems. But recently over the past 6-7 months we have noticed that our toilet gurgles when we did a load of laundry. It was never an issue the toilet still worked. Well recently, the past couple of days we have had the toilet not flush fill to the rim and the tub get about a inch or two of murky water, and the kitchen and bathroom sinks make gurgly noises while this is going on. We just had a person in the crawl space and he would have mentioned something about smells or leaks if there was a problem there we are on the towns sewage. It has rained a lot recently. The washer and bathroom share a wall so I would think that they would share some of the piping also. But I don't know what to look for. I need HELP.
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jun 12, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Sounds like yopu have some blockage in your waste line or perhaps a obsrtucted vent. If you can do it yourself great if not you need to have your drain lines snaked out.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 13, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmattice
    We bought a brick rancher 1.5 years ago and never really had any problems. But recently over the past 6-7 months we have noticed that our toilet gurgles when we did a load of laundry. It was never an issue the toilet still worked. Well recently, the past couple of days we have had the toilet not flush fill to the rim and the tub get about a inch or two of murky water, and the kitchen and bathroom sinks make gurgly noises while this is going on. We just had a person in the crawl space and he would have mentioned something about smells or leaks if there was a problem there we are on the towns sewage. It has rained alot recently. The washer and bathroom share a wall so I would think that they would share some of the piping also. But I don't know what to look for. I need HELP.

You have been hit with a double whammy. At first the gurgle indicates that you have a blocked vent. Now you have a blocked drain as well.
    I would send a snake down the bathroom vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 feet more and see if that doesn't fix both problems. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I part owner of my home [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my husband and I refinance our home. I could'nt get off work in time most days So he applied for the loan in his name only. My name is on the deed/title but the loan is in his name. Am I part owner of my home. In the past my name was always on the loan. Tylnn

Moble home repo on private property, not owned by moble home owner [ 3 Answers ]

I am the land owner of some property in Georgia, I let my Sister place her mobile home on this private property. The question is, does the repo company have the right to come on my property and destroy my trees, bust water lines, run over my shrubs etc, be rude and over barring without contacting...

New home owner with old plumming problems [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I am a new homeowner 4 months Texas. Does the old owner have any responsibility to the repair of my pipes in the slab? I have Leaky pipes in the slab that are lifting the hardwood flooring. The pipes that need repair are in the slab and extend the full length of the home. Removing them...

Home owner [ 2 Answers ]

On a forced air heater, the blower fan does not stop running, after heat has turned off. What would cause this?

Want to be a home owner [ 4 Answers ]

Please I need an expert to answer this question.Me and my husband have a house together, but we are not getting along right now, I want to leave and separate from him, and get on my own, can I request that he take my name off the house or can he even do that? Because I want to buy a house of my...

View more questions Search