Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PADMJD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Hot forced water heating system with high pitched sound?
    I have 50 year old 24 unit building with force hot water heating. I have one unit that has a high pitched sound running through the pipes when the unit calls for heat. The zone valve is fine. I have tried reducing the water going into the pipes by partially closing the valve so not as much pressure is going into that unit. It is the farthest from the boiler. The boiler guys says it might be pressure going through the elbows of the pipes but after reading up on this could it be lime/deposit build up? When I drained some of the water it was very dirty (I drained it because I thought it might have air in the lines, but it didn't). Any thoughts

Check out some similar questions!

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a basic question about heating. Is it possible to change a forced hot air system to a baseboard heating system? And if so, what does it involve exactly? And approximate prices, for about 5000 sq feet house. Thank you very much.

Forced hot water system [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are just moving into a big old house. It has cast iron radiators on the 1st and 2nd floor which I have already filled and bled. My question is, should I have lit the furnace/boiler (which looks very old) before I filled the radiators. Secondly, I have found the pilot knob, but...

High pitched squeal coming from hot water tap in shower [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently a loud, high pitched squeal has started in the hot water tap of my shower. If I play around with the tap it will stop (but most of the time start again). Any idea on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 1 Answers ]

When considering converting from forced hot air to baseboard heat, is it possible to just add piping / water boiler / baseboards and do nothing with the forced hot air system (use it for AC) ?

Forced hot water base board heating [ 1 Answers ]

Can an existing forced hot water baseboard heating system be converted into an underlayment (tubing) type of system? Thank you. Brice Repolt Weare, NH

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.