Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gary stewart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 02:15 PM
    No gas at the pilot when I hold the knob in to light the pilot.. supply has gas to con
    Gas valve 36c03(U)-333 an433

Can't get the pilot light to lite (no gas) at pilot tip..
    I have 10 houses with these valves..
    Gas supply is there to valve.. press the pilot in to light and no gas is present at the tip

Can I take the plate off at the pilot knob and lube anything in that area? And maybe a simple fix... first time start up this year.. doesnt seem to be air locked, no flicker from my lighter when trying to light pilot?? The heating units are wall space furnace using natural gas
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Is this the only unit that is having a problem? Is it part of a multiple dwelling? Im asking because I had this situation a few years back. What had happened was that my utility provider had come by and changed out the gas meter. I didn't even notice. They had left the gas turned "off" at the meter. When fall came and the temps dropped - you guessed it (nothing). Might want to check that first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas wall heater pilot light goes out when I turn the valve from 'pilot' to 'on'. [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my gas wall heater pilot light go out when I turn the valve from 'pilot' to 'on'? The pilot lights and stays lit until I try to turn the valve. It's got a brand new thermocouple.

Gas burners not getting gas, pilot light gets gas & comes on [ 3 Answers ]

Day & Night Heating furnace: The electronic ignition turns on the gas pilot with flame. Pilot light gets gas from the gas valve unit but main Gas-valves do not open up and the gas-burners does not light up with flame on the pilot light? Any inputs with would be of great help. Thanks!

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is [ 0 Answers ]

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is present. I've tried to light up the pilot burner with a gas grill light and it works.

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Does gas emit in the house when pilot light of gas fireplace goes out? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas fireplace and on a windy day the pilot light actually went out. My dad said that even though the pilot light isn't on it's emitting gas into the house- which is a health hazard, but I thought that as long as the switch that turns on the light is off there is no risk. Can anyone tell me...

View more questions Search