Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtrman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
    The compressor runs when the furnace is in heat mode
    The ac compressor runs when the furnace is in heat mode new thermostat installed
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2012, 07:04 PM
    Is it a gas heater or a heat pump? If it is a gas heater, the wiring is wrong. If it is a heat pump, the compressor should be running.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 30, 2012, 07:12 PM
    You have wired it incorrectly. We need to know the colors of each wire and where they were attached tio the old thermostat and which new stat you bought. I suspect your blue wire is the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My heat pump runs good on a/c but when switched to heat compressor shuts off. [ 0 Answers ]

Heat pump works good on a/c but when I switch to heat it starts OK (big copper line gets very hot) but after 2 minutes the compressor shuts off (condenser fan stays on) After about 8 minutes the compressor starts again then shuts off after a couple of minutes, the heat pump is a trane 5 tone2001....

Heat pump runs in a/c mode but won't come on in heat mode [ 2 Answers ]

I am selling my house and the home inspector noticed that when you turn the heat on, the heat pump doesn't come on and goes to auxiliary heat. It works fine for air conditioning and when I call for heat at the stat and push the contactor in manually it is blowing cold air out of the condensing...

Heat pump outdoor fan runs not compressor voltage at compressor good. New compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new compressor. Just replaced fan runs compressor does not, have voltage at the compressor plug? What could stop from coming on high side and low side equal at 100psig.

New Compressor Run OK. HVAC Fan only run in Heat mode. [ 15 Answers ]

This board is awesome. I have done some reading first on here. Here's my case: Compr runs fine. Fan on HVAC blower inside runs only in Heat mode. Not on Cool. Not even on "FAN-ON" as opposed to FAN-AUTO. Can this be an issue with relay and board within HVAC? Per other thread, it was talking...

Fan runs forever when in heat mode but not in ac mode [ 2 Answers ]

Great web site and concept!! I have a York forced air gas furnace that has a Honeywell Fan Limit switch. The unit works great in the summer. The ac and the fan shut off correctly. However, in the winter the heat will reach its temp setting and turn off but the blower continues forever. I have...

View more questions Search