Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thermostatMA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Thermostat change from carrier to honeywell
    I need to change a carrier (Y841A 1647 HH07AT215 class 2) thermostat to a honeywell (TH4210D - 2 heat/1cool heat pump). I can't find the wiring diagram for the carrier thermostat. I need to identify what terminal (and color wire) and function on the carrier corresponds to the honeywell.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thermostatMA View Post
    I need to change a carrier (Y841A 1647 HH07AT215 class 2) thermostat to a honeywell (TH4210D - 2 heat/1cool heat pump). I can't find the wiring diagram for the carrier thermostat. I need to identify what terminal (and color wire) and function on the carrier corresponds to the honeywell.

Look at this. Look at BDP or Carrier for help with wire. Do not worry about color use the letter or number where the old wire is placed on the old thermostat to go to the new..
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf heat pump wiring.pdf (13.3 KB, 1371 views)
    thermostatMA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Look at this. Look at BDP or Carrier for help with wire. Do not worry about color use the letter or number where the old wire is placed on the old thermostat to go to the new..
    Thank you. Another question: will the carrier terminals (letter where wire is attached) match the honeywell lettering? For example, the carrier lettering is E G Y O R W2 C whereas the honeywell lettering is E Aux Y G O L R B C. So what letter corresponds to what? Is the following correct? E-E G-G Y-Y O-O L- leave blank R-R W2-Aux C-C B-leave blank.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 11, 2008, 10:34 AM
    That is why I posted the heat pump change over wiring diagram. Some letters/colors might use a different designation/letter/color.

The only true way to make sure all is absolutely correct is to trace all the wires down,see where they go, and pick the correct post to land the wire on. This is what professionals do many times when there is a question with thermostat wiring. I supplied you the cheat sheet to help you prevent having to do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Change from Honeywell heat, and Carrier AC tstat's to LUX tstat [ 7 Answers ]

OK, here is the equipment: 10 yr old Carrier A/C unit with Carrier non-programmable tstat with available connections: DO NOT USE R Y/Y2 G C W/W1

Honeywell to Carrier Thermostat wiring [ 7 Answers ]

Honeywell TH4110D thermostat. Carrier 58PAV90 Furnace. Recently had to replace the carrier board, but failed to make note of the wiring for the thermostat and AC Terminal - Wire White - White Yellow - Blue Green - Green Rc/R - Red On the Carrier 58PAV090

Honeywell RTH230 Thermostat Battery Change [ 1 Answers ]

I recently changed the AA batteries on a Honeywell RTH230B Thermostat and now the heat or air will not kick on. The symbol for air or heat will flash on the screen for approximately 2 minutes then I'll hear a click and the symbol will stay lit but the heat or air will not flow. Does the...

Honeywell RTH230B thermostat- filter change? [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell RTH230B thermostat- filter change? The instructions are in spanish -which I don't read/speak- how do I set the program function so it reminds me when its time to change it out? (does it give a visual Que or audible alert?)

View more questions Search