Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jofed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Bryant 383KAV furnace won't ignite, fan blows cold air.
    First we replaced the thermostat. Then we replaced the ingiter. Still only blows cold air? Any one know what the problem is? :confused
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2008, 10:12 PM

Did you check the limit switches,, most of the time there is 2, connected to or close to where the burners fire up little round button like, with two wires going to them,, most have a reset button between where the wires connect,, does the inducer motor come on,or igniter light up?
    Also many have a automotive type fuse in the circuit board,, also does it have a light that is flashing on the circuit board,, it won`t burn or flash with the door switch not pushed in,, let us know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Furnace model 383KAV won't kick on [ 10 Answers ]

I'm not getting any error led blips from the computer board. I can only see one limit switch which isn't tripped. I replaced the thermostat but that wasn't it. I've checked breakers and even tried tripping them off and then back on. Usually if I remember right this furnace goes through a...

Bryant gas furnace runs blows no heat [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace is running, but no heat is blowing into our house. It smells like a candle that has just been put out. The vent pipe that goes to the chimney is hot to the touch. What do I need to do?

Bryant 373LAV heater blows cold air.sort of [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everybody, Sorry if this has been answered before, but I scanned the forums (admittedly only the first couple of pages) and didn't really find any questions like mine. I have a Bryant 373LAV w/ horizontal blower that doesn't work. When I turn on heat with the fan in auto nothing happens....

Bryant Gas Furnace fails to ignite [ 3 Answers ]

My Bryant Gas Furnace occasionally fails to ignite. When this happens, I can reset it by turning the switch by the furnace off and on. It will then ignite after sparking for 30 seconds or so. The furnace has a pilot that is on and becomes large when the thermostat directs it to, but after sparking...

View more questions Search