Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eezyrydr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Trane XE80 blows cold error code 22
    From my earlier post ignite for a few seconds the stops, now, heat commanded, blower motor runs, no ignition, and flashes code 22
    Help!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 11:22 PM
    What earlier post?? Please keep all threads together so the questions can be followed.

Oct 25, 2008, 07:24 AM

Hi,
    So Sorry,
    I posted a question earlier, wherein when commanded, fan would ome on, unit would ignite for about 3 seconds, then quit.. fan & flame, Unit will then keep repeating this procedure. All the while this is happening, red LED is just a continuous flash. After a while, the fan would come on, and unit would not ignite. While this was happening, LED was flashing a code 22. I turned off main power to the unit, checked a couple of things, and when I re-powered the unit, it goe back to the... heat commanded, fan on,ignites for about 3 seconds, the both quit,, repeat. At that time, you suggested a dirty flame sensor. I will check that,and post my findings.
    I truly appreciate your help, and you fast response to my posts, You are a huge help.

Oct 25, 2008, 07:44 AM
    If the posts are not together I usually cannot follow the discussion.

Oct 25, 2008, 09:15 AM

Hello again,
    I cleaned the flame sensor, and all is well! Thank you so much for your help.. You people are GREAT!
    Regards, John

Oct 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Glad you got it going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xe80 code 4, no heat [ 5 Answers ]

All summer the cooling worked fine, when I switch over to heat this week, it didn't come on. The control box shows a code 4, which says "THERMAL PROTECTION DEVICE OPEN" Any help?

Trane XL80 Furnace Blows Only Cold Air [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I woke up to a cold house, the furnace was blowing away and only blowing cold air. I checked the thermostat and the heat was set at 72 but the house was still at 66 degrees. I cycled the furnace on and off but still there was only cold air blowing from it. When I last checked before...

Trane XE80 [ 1 Answers ]

My 10 year old Trane XE80 in my woodworking shop lately cannot put out enough heat to satisfy the thermostat, which yesterday was set at 72 degrees on a 37 degree day. The steel building is completely insulated, and this has never happened before at this outside temperature. The furnace seems to...

Trane XE80 Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat calls for heat, but the blower just comes on and blows air. No heat until I go down and manually restart the furnace. Any suggestions?

TRANE XV90 error code? [ 4 Answers ]

The owners manual does not have a list of error codes for reference. The unit does not actually display a code (no pause), the light consistently blinks. I have never noticed this before, is this normal or something that should be looked into. Thanks!

View more questions Search