Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miwil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Wiring for older lennox furnace
    I have an older Lennox furnace that had some wires melted in a flash fire. Does anyone know where I might get the wiring schematics to rewire the unit? When I went to move the wires they broke apart and know I want to ensure that they are connected properly again. The model is G8R-120-1, serial 6377135372.

Also, what is the way to ensure that this sort of flash fire will not reoccur.
    Thanks.
    pheasant hunter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Sounds like the heat exchanger is plugged. I would either clean it or better yet with that old dog I wold replace it..
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Before you replace the wires you need to find the root of the problem. Wires just do not burn up for no cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring for Electric Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I'm want to install the thermostat on our Electric Furnace. The wire leading to the furnace is a two wire (BLACK AND WHITE WIRES) It's heat only. The thermostat has a W and an R on the back of the stat. The furnace terminal has Y,W,O,C,G,F. The WO has a jumper between them? The W has a White...

Furnace blower motor wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old furnace blower that I want to convert to a shop air clearner. I want the motor to operate from a normal 110 volt switch. My question is which wires do I connect to the switch? The motor is a 1/2 hp Emerson Model K55HXLGG3702 It has 6 wires - black, white, brown, blue, red, yellow

Wiring a new furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I had a furnace installed in my home (new construction) and am doing the wiring myself. I know that I need a fuseable switch at the furnace but where and how does the transformer get connected for the thermostat? Never wired a furnace before.:confused:

Furnace A/C wiring [ 7 Answers ]

I have an old Carrier/Bryant natural gas central heating and A/C system circa 1980. I recently installed a new thermostat and when I traced down the existing wiring I found something interesting: there is no A/C transformer in the furnace, only the furnace transformer. The two wires from the A/C...

Wiring up a gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my first post here. I just bought a used Lennox gas furnace for my workshop. The electrical cable was just cllipped off, leaving 6 inches of cable coming out of a fused on/off switch. It appears to be 12-3 with ground. There's red,black, white and ground. I would expect this is 220, with the...

View more questions Search