Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ripkoski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 06:22 PM
    My heater furnace blower comes back on after it reaches a set temp
    My heater furnace blower comes back on after it reaches a set temp. In oither words after it gets to set temp it chuts off then a few minutes later it comes back on for a minute than chuts off again.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 06:33 PM

What's the make and model number of furnace. How old is it. Can you post some pics of the furnace with covers off. Sounds like you have a heat controlled fan control, vs a time controlled fan control.
    ripkoski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    whats the make and model number of furnace. how old is it. Can you post some pics of the furnace with covers off. Sounds like you have a heat controlled fan control, vs a time controlled fan control.
    It is a Heil Air condition and heating unit 5 years old
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 07:23 PM

Well, I was wrong, if its only five years old, it is most likely a time controlled fan. Old furnaces were pretty easy to trouble shoot, (kind of like old cars), but with all the new gadgets on the new furnaces(and cars), its in your best interest to call in a pro to check the system. If you are handy with a multimeter, and know proper sequence of furnace, we will do our best to help you figure this out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater set to desire temp and wouldn't come on. [ 2 Answers ]

Thermostat set on 70, woke up cold in the house, so we raised the thermostat to 80 and it wouldn't come on. Turned off for a minute, turn back on and then it comes on.What could be my problem??

Furnace Not reaching set temp [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Having some problems with our heat, while I am away on travel so I am traying to help my wife over the phone. The thermostat is set at 68 but the house is only heating to 65. The furnace is kicking on but seems to be turning off too soon. Some of the time the thermostat indicates the system...

Furnace cycles but never reaches set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace and a daypart thermostat. The heat level never rises above or below 64 degrees, even though the temperature is set for 72 during the day. This started about 1 week ago. I have replaced batteries in the thermostat, replaced filters - and even replaced the whole thermostat. ...

My heater does not get to set temp [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I just moved into this trailer.. it has a digital hunter thermostat I don't know how to set it the landlord tried and it shuts off before it gets to temp how do I program this thing or what do I do?? Please help me I'm freeeeeeezing

Furnace not kicking on when temp drops below thermostat set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Beckett oil heat water on demand furnace that heats through baseboards. Since this past weekend the furnace hasn't been kicking on when the temperature drops below my set temp of 68 degrees. I have to go down to the furnace and simply touch the top of the reset box for it to kick on. ...

View more questions Search