Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nightwurm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Green Blinking Light
    Hi, my computer's green power light keeps on blinking whenever I plug the power in and it won't turn on, but when I took it to the repair shop the repairman plugged it in and it booted fine. Then when I took it back home and plugged it in again the green light blinks and it won't turn on, so I took the computer to all the outlets in the house and plugged it in and it won't turn on, what do I do now?
    Artem Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Feb 1, 2009, 12:51 PM

Does your computer have access to earth? Might be something wrong with the power supply in your home.
    Try to bring a friend's computer over and see if it is able to turn on.
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 1, 2009, 01:04 PM

Some computers have the ability to check input power for proper input. Take the PC to another location (not in the same building) & try it. If it works there, the AC power in your building may have a problem which would only affect some PC's. If it does work there either, ignore the power issue.
    Another situation is the sleep or hibernate capability provided on some PC's. Waking these PC's when the light is blinking may require pressing & holding the power button until you see activity (typically 5-10 secs).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC hot air, light blinking [ 22 Answers ]

The AC in my toyota camry starts blinking, and the air is hot. This only happens occasionally, and then all is well and AC works just fine!

Kenmore dishwasher- green light blinking- will not work [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 2.5 yr old kenmore (ultra wash quiet guard4) dishwasher that has the clean light flashing green and will not work. We could obviously see the heating element was broke- we replaced that and it is still not functioning. Is there a reset button> What else could the flashing green light...

Won't power on, blinking green power light. [ 6 Answers ]

During a power outage last night, my computer was left on, now the computer won't turn on. The power light is blinking green. There is a surge protector in use.

Light on tower blinking yellow light [ 1 Answers ]

My power light on my tower is blinking yellow

Don't get the blinking light on the ECU [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Hopefully some one can shed some light on this. Well I was driving out of my parking lot and my car back fired and shut down on me. I have not been able to start it since, that was a week ago. The engine turns but doesn't fire. I found my ECU, I turned the key one click and I see no...

View more questions Search