Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonathan184 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Janitrol Furnace issue motor would not start and pressure switch stuck closed
    Hi I got this Janitrol Furnace it worked fine.

Until my basement flooded then it looks like the circuit board got wet and it was on at the time.

So basically I ordered a new board suppose to be coming soon.
    What happened was when the furnace came on like there were no flames only a bright orange light I am guessing the pilot came on and heard a few clicks then the pilot went back off and the furance blew cold air.

Then the tthermostat was left on to see if could solve it with out turning on and off the thermostat and I used the door switch to controlt he power.

Then I got another problem the next day. When the thermomstat switch was left on.

Now if itry to power on the furnace I do not hear the motor coming and nothing happens not even seeing the pilot anymore.

The circuit board seems to have power blinking twice on the cover of the furnace showed the LED indications which showed that the pressure switch is stuck closed.

When I turn the thermostat off the led status light stops blinking on he circuit board and when I turn on the thermostat I get the same symptoms and the led light blinks twice

Do you think changing the bord would solve this or how could I get it back to where it powered on the motor and the pilot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 07:17 PM
    You may have water in your pressure switch causing it to stick. You can turn the power off to the unit and remove the wires and tubing going to the pressure witch to see if you can shake some water out. You can also blow and suck softly on the tubing inlet on the switch to free it up or to see if its stuck.

Mar 21, 2008, 04:19 AM
    I checked but there was no water in the pressure switch. I sucked softly on the tubing index and blew o it but no water was in there. I could hear the switch clicking when I blew into it.
    Could it be something else?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Top
    You may have water in your pressure switch causing it to stick. You can turn the power off to the unit and remove the wires and tubing going to the pressure witch to see if you can shake some water out. You can also blow and suck softly on the tubing inlet on the switch to free it up or to see if its stuck.

Mar 21, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I took out the 2 wires and blower motor comes on
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 07:35 PM
    If you have a restricted vent it will keep the pressure switch from closing. If it's a 90% furnace(vented with PVC pipe) a restricted condensation drain can keep the pressure switch from closing also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having issue with furnace switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older furnace and recently the blower has been running non-stop whether it was heating or not. I found that opening the bottom panel on the furnace and flipping the switch from auto to manual and back would fix the problem for a while but it would start doing the same thing just a little...

Indicator = pressure switch or auxiliary limit stuck opn [ 3 Answers ]

I have a concord 80% efficiency furnace. The fan comes on occasionally but will not stay on for more than a minute. The diagnostic light is flashing a series of 3 lights which indicates a pressure switch or auxiliary limit is stuck open -- how do I find these switches and 'close' them?

York Heater - Pressure Switch Stuck Open [ 4 Answers ]

I have a York heater that won't heat our second floor. The indicator LED light flashes three times which means the Pressure Switch is Stuck Open. Is there a way I can fix this myself? If so, how? Thanks in advance for any help. John

Amana 80 sseII, Pressure Switch stuck open! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Amana 80 SSE II furnace 5 years old which is giving me an error of pressure switch stuck open. (red light flashes three times). Any ideas as to trouble shooting the problem. The vacuum tube to switch is clear. Can I test the switch to know if it is working correctly. Any other ideas...

Furnace motor has power but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace motor will not start, however if I give it a gentle turn by hand (via the fan), it starts right up and runs fine. Is the is capacitor or a switch problem in the motor? Thanks...

View more questions Search