Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    voluptious757 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Bad compressor
    I have a Lennox central air conditioner unit that is 6 years old. Four months ago, a technician from Dial One came out and replaced the hard start and the capacitor because the unit was not cooling the house. I also had the thermostat replaced. Now, I am having the same problem with the unit not cooling the house and now, the heat won't work. I was told by another Dial One technician that the compressor was gone out and that it was going out when the first technician replaced the parts. Is this common for a compressor to go out so soon? The outside condenser unit runs and the fan turns. Could this be something else besides the compressor?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
    A compressor can go bad right out of the box when new. Usually compressors last longer than 6 years but as I said before there is no real way to tell how long it will last.

I would get a second opinion on the problem before you replace the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad clusters and bad blocks [ 1 Answers ]

When I do the chkdsk on WDC and it says windows replaced the bad clusters Why does Stellar Smart say there's 3 bad blocks? Didn't chkdsk clear it? The PC says no bad sectors

AC Compressor [ 2 Answers ]

The AC unit in my house is 25 years old, and it's not big enough for the size of our house, it is also not very energy efficient. We have a home warranty that we got when we bought our house and it’s due to expire in a couple of months. Is there something we can do to “break” the compressor so the...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Compressor [ 2 Answers ]

Hey we were out of town then came back and the ac breaker was tripped after turning on the fans run but the compressoe never kicks in we never had any problems with this unit before can some one give us some ideas were to start thanks:D

View more questions Search