Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAxelectric Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Locking disconnect
    What is locking diconnect with respect to starters.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 02:52 PM
    A motor starter is a "controller" which usually is a magnetic device that cannot be locked out mechanically.

A disconnect is a manual switch that will have some sort of hasp or method of adding a lock to the handle to prevent the disconnect form being turned on .

Any motor must have a disconnecting means no more than 50 feet away AND within sight of the motor, or the disconnecting means may be remote AND be lockable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Kenmore 1/2 Hp locking up [ 1 Answers ]

When closing my garage door opener, it will start to close and then go back up. Sometimes as much as 3 times before getting it to close. Is this a sensor problem or what? Should I just replace the opener for $175 or is is less expensive to let the repair guy some at $65 a visit plus parts and...

Locking Down IE [ 4 Answers ]

I have about 10 users that access 10 different pcs in a facility that is open 24hrs. I want to be able to deny them access to the internet. I can not do anything hardware specific and they must be connected to the same intranet as everyone else. I can't put them on a router. I would settle for...

Locking The Workstation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I read that I can lock my workstation on my Windows XP computer by hitting the windows key + L but I have never done it for fear that I won't be able to unlock it. The times I have read about this only tells how to lock the workstation and nothing about how to unlock it. My husband says you...

View more questions Search