Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randy2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Carrier gas furnace w/ no heat
    I have just replaced my thermostat and now furnace blows cool air (fan on constantly), even with thermostat control in off setting. Followed all install directions w/ new thermostat
    To the letter. Is this a limit switch malfunction or what?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Disconnect all of the stat wires and start from scratch. I know you said you followed the directions to the letter but I've made a few silly errors doing wiring. Is this a four wire stat controlling a furnace with A/C?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2007, 10:10 PM
    If it was working right before changing the thermostat, I would go to the sticky at the top of the forum and find the section on thermostat wiring. Also check if the wires follow the regular convention, i.e. white wire on W, at the furnace. You want the same wire on W at both the furnace and thermostat, preferably the white wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Gas Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

My Carrier 58SS gas furnace starts up and lights up the burners and operates normally for 2 minutes, then the burners shut down but the igniter and pilot light continue indicating the thermostat is requesting the furnace to heat up the house. I changed thermostats to see if that was the problem...

Carrier 2 Stage Gas Furnace Code 33 [ 1 Answers ]

We are having trouble last couple of days now that temp is near 0. The thermostat is calling for heat the furnace runs as follows. It runs on low stage for about 16 minutes and then the high stage turns on for a couple of minutes. The burner then shuts off and the blower shuts off and there is...

Carrier 58ssb gas furnace problem [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace will not keep running. After approx 10 minutes of normal burning, the burners flame out and then re-ignite over and over again (about 1 second on/ 1 second off) and the gas valve can be heard clicking on and off. If the furnace is allowed to cool and turned back on the process repeats...

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search