Its 100 degrees outside and my ac is on 63 degees but the house is not getting cool

Asked Jul 1, 2012, 09:57 AM 1 Answer
    AC blowing out warm air

Last edited by Wondergirl; Jul 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
    1 Answer
    fmbush's Avatar
    fmbush Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

#2

Jul 1, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Is this a window unit or a central a/c unit?

Either way... check to make sure the coil isn't frozen up (let a/c sit shut off for about 20-30 min)
    Check your thermostat if it is central air. Sometimes programmable thermostats are confusing
    If it is central a/c... go outside. Is fan running? Is the small cooper line warm and large line cool? They should be. Even if fan is running, the compressor could be out. I just spent $1500 on my central a/c unit Friday because compressor was burnt up. If it is really hot, your copassitor (can't spell) could be hot and burnt up.

Why doesn't my ac cool below 78 degrees [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old double wide with approx 2000 sq ft and a 4 ton ac unit. I had some problems with it freezing up and called an ac repairman. After 2 to 3 trips he finally found that cat hair was passing through the filters I used and had clogged the coils. He cleaned that out and I've been...

My home is 88 degrees and I can not cool if off until late night time [ 1 Answers ]

We have changed thermostat, blower motor, added freon multiple times. I keep new floor fan on, keep ceiling fans on, drapes and blinds drawn. It has been over 100 degrees for several weeks. The A/C temp is set at 75 degrees. It continuely runs without cooling off home. The air from vent measures...

Cool air, but not keeping house cool during heat of day [ 1 Answers ]

Unit is blowing cool air, but not keeping house cool during the heat of the day

Where does water boil at exactly 100 degrees [ 3 Answers ]

Where does water boil at exactly 100 degrees

Is it possible to have liquid water at temps above 100 degrees Celsius [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering is it possible and if so how to have liquid water at temperatures above 100 degrees Celsius??