Originally Posted by carpetman
Model # is 58PAV090-14 Carrier Furnace 1999, by the way thanks for all your help.
Here is a complete install manual with wiring diagrams and trouble shooting.
This is all I have to offer as anything I know about your furnace is contained in the file below.
It might take you sometime to figure it out but if you have the time it can be a learning experience for you.
All answers for your questions are contained below. http://www.alltemp-hvac.com/58pa-15si.pdf
And here is a check list for you to work with. Good luck.
11 NO PREVIOUS CODE - Stored status codes are erased when power (115V or 24V) to control is
Interrupted or 48 hours after each fault is cleared.
12 BLOWER ON AFTER POWER UP (115V or 24V) - Blower runs for 90 seconds, if unit
Is powered up during a call for heat (R-W closed).
13 LIMIT OR FLAME ROLL-OUT SWITCH LOCKOUT - Auto reset after three hours. For flame
Roll-out switch or fuse link, refer to #33.
14 IGNITION LOCKOUT - Control will auto-reset after three hours. Refer to #34.
21 GAS HEATING LOCKOUT - Control will NOT auto reset.
Check for: - Stuck gas valve relay on control or miswire to gas valve circuit.
22 ABNORMAL FLAME-PROVING SIGNAL - Flame is proved while gas valve is
De-energized. Inducer will run until fault is cleared. Check for:
- Stuck-open gas valve or leaky gas valve.
23 PRESSURE SWITCH DID NOT OPEN Check for:
- Obstructed pressure tubing. - Defective pressure switch (stuck closed).
24 SECONDARY VOLTAGE FUSE IS OPEN
Check for: - Short circuit in secondary voltage (24V) wiring.
31 PRESSURE, DRAFT SAFEGUARD, OR AUXILIARY-LIMIT (when used) SWITCH DID
NOT CLOSE OR REOPENED - If open longer than five minutes, inducer shuts off for
15 minutes before retry. Check for:
- Proper vent sizing and condensate pitch. - Inadequate Combustion air supply.
- Vent restriction or high winds. - Low inducer voltage.
- Defective inducer motor or start capacitor. - Disconnected or obstructed pressure tubing.
- Defective pressure switch or connections. If it opens after trial for ignition period, blower will
Come on for 90 second recycle delay.
33 LIMIT OR FLAME ROLL-OUT SWITCH IS OPEN - If open longer than three minutes, code
Changes to #13. Check for:
- Defective blower motor or start capacitor. - Dirty filter or restricted duct system.
- Loose blower wheel. - Defective switch or connections.
- Inadequate Combustion air supply Flame Roll-out Switch or fuse link.
- Open Flame Roll-out switch,or fuse link. Manual reset or replace.
34 IGNITION PROVING FAILURE - Control will try three more times before a lockout #14
Occurs. If flame signal lost after trial for ignition period, blower will come on for
90 second recycle delay. Check for:
- Oxide buildup on flame sensor (clean with fine sandpaper).
- Proper flame sense microamps (.5 microamps D.C. minimum).
- Gas valve turned off. - Manual shut-off valve. - Low inlet gas pressure.
- Green wire MUST be connected to furnace sheet metal.
- Inadequate flame carryover or rough ignition.
To initiate the component test sequence,shut OFF the room thermostat or disconnect the "R"
Thermostat lead. Briefly short the TEST terminal to the íCí terminal. Status LED will flash code and
Then turn on the inducer motor, hot surface igniter, blower motor-heat speed, and blower motor-cool