Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Ticking cat
    Hello!

This is mostly idle curiosity, since may Rana-cat's been like this for 9 years now and it doesn't seem to bother her. I have two cats, Rana and Pyret, and Rana makes ticking noises when she walks on laminate floors (not carpet (obviously!), not tile, not linoleum, and I haven't ever had wood floors, so I don't know about that). But on laminate floors, she makes tick-tack noises, just like a dog does. I do keep her claws trimmed (she's a small cat with really fine needle-sharp claws), but I only snip off the pointy parts. But I trim Pyret's claws the same way, and she doesn't make tick-tack sounds. So, does Rana just not retract her claws all the way, should I be trimming them more, is it possible that it's just the back claws making noise (I don't trim those)? But still, I would think that she'd retract them when she walks!

And is she the only cat that does this, or have other people run into the same thing?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Its age sweety as they get older they aren't able to retract them as well as they used to be able to my old man kitty was the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer makes a ticking sound [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, we just bought a Frigidaire dryer yesterday. The new High Efficiency model with the front loading washer to match. When I turn the dryer on it makes a ticking sound. I am not sure if this is normal. My husband thinks it's the motor ticking. Thanks for your help.

Loud ticking/knocking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 dodge dakota sport 4 cyl. Pickup with a loud ticking/knocking. I'm fearing it's a rod or? Is there a trouble shooting technique I'd like to to this myself thank you

Ticking sound in bathroom wall [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a ticking sound in my wall right around my stink pipe that only occurs when water is running out of the tub. It starts when the water is running and then continues for a few minutes after. I can't seem to see any water leak and the fact that it is just a steady tick... tick... tick leads...

Frigidaire washer (ticking noise while aggitating) [ 1 Answers ]

My washing machine is about 6 years old, came in my new house I had built. One day it developed a loud ticking sound while aggitating. I'll take the front off this weekend to have a look. Does anyone have any ideas before to share with me? Here's a tiny bit of advice for anyone buiding a new...

View more questions Search