Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gruendar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2005, 01:06 AM
    Problem w/ Resolving Some DNS on XP sp2
    Hey All,

I have a problem that's really ticking me off. I will list the attempts at fixing the problem below.

Problem: I can launch some web sites and not others. Yahoo comes up but if you click on the link for maps, music, anything they only load maybe one out of five times. Mail works fine. If you search on either Yahoo or Google a list of links comes up but only a few of them open up the rest give you this page cannot be displayed.

(ex. Type cars into Google search, avis will open but hertz will not, caranddriver will open but kbb won't) (Comcast.net will load but no links like mail will)

Fixes Tried: 2 1/2 hr phone call with Microsoft
    <IE Prop>-(general) delete cookies/files/history, settings-view objects deleted all, (Advanced) Uncheck Enable 3rd party extensions

<cmd> netsh winsock reset, netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt, ipconfig release/renew, ping all fast no loss w/ dns and ip, regsrv32 then add these to it(urlmon.dll, shdocvw.dll, msjava.dll (did not exsist), browseui.dll, mshtml.dll, jscript.dll, vbscript.dll, initpki.dll, wintrust.dll, softpub.dll, /u /msjava.dll(not there)

Created new user login, disabled all startup and win.ini files, disabled all non-microsoft services, safe mode w/ networking

I have Norton Antivirus updated and ran clean, Ad-aware ran clean, Spybot S&D ran with dso exploit but after cleaning registry of eight instances ran clean

I really have no where else to turn as Microsoft can't figure this one out? If anyone can help post away...

Sorry it was long but info is everything,
    Grunge
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 23, 2005, 12:14 PM
    What is your ISP?
    Do you have a router, or other device, between you and your modem?
    What modem (make and model) have you got?

If you open a command shell (Start->Run->"cmd"->OK) and enter
    Code:
    ipconfig /all
    What do you get?

Have you tried Firefox?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search