Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rojosamuel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Limited or no connectivity
    I am getting limited or no connectivity error message on lan icon.
    These are solutions that I tried:
    Solution:
    a)
    - click on start-->run type cmd.Hit enter .ipconfig /release -> Enter

- click on start-->run type cmd.Hit enter .Type ipconfig /renew -> Enter

- click on start-->run type " netsh int ip reset c:\tcpipreset.txt " -> Enter

- Restart the system

- Ask user to check

b)
    - click on start -->run type " netsh winsock reset catalog " -> Enter.

- Restart the system

This should resolve the issue

c)
    - Uninstall Network Adapter from My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device manager -> Network Adapter

- Restart the system

d)replugged and unplugged the lan cable

I am still facing the same issue.Please suggest some other solutions.
    moviedude321 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2008, 10:59 PM

Couple things... When renewing IP from ipconfig /renew, are you getting 169.xxx.xxx.xxx? That can mean that something is not communicating correctly.

Are you trying to connect through a router, hub or switch? If so, have you tried powering down the device for 1 minute? Have you tried different ports on the device? Have you tried another unit? Have you tried the mfg reset?

Have you tried different network cables? Perhaps one has a slight break or the connector is working it self loose?

Have you tried a different network card or adapter?

Does another computer work in it place?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limited or No Connectivity [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting a message saying that I have "Limited or No Connectivity. It works at my friends house, and even on my Xbox 360. It's not the connection I believe could it be possible there is something wrong with the cablewire itself? This Laptop is farely old but not that old. It's a Sony Vaio K...

Limited or No Connectivity [ 5 Answers ]

Running Window XP. Why is it that my wifi router's (Apple AirPort) signal, when viewing available wifi networks, appears to be very strong but my computer cannot connect to it but get a message of 'limited or no connectivity'? Same is true when I try to connect to the same router with a Netgear...

Limited connectivity [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a dell inspiron 1521 with vista and I can not connect to the internet ,anybody has an idea ,thanks

Limited or no connectivity [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I have a desk top computer and a wireless laptop. I have set up the router which is all set up fine, desktop working fine but now wireless is saying limited or no connectivity. I have taken off firewall and tried repair which now says problem renewing your ip address. I have also set laptop...

Limited or no connectivity [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I'm in dire need of help! Just yesterday I was on the internet on my laptop when all of a sudden I a message appeared saying I had limited or no connectivity although I was still had full excellent signal. The problem is not with my router or service provider as my flatmates are still able to...

View more questions Search