Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandiem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Suicidal hair day
    I have been letting my hair grow for the past year. I've worn it really short for the last 10 years and am ready for a change. I went to the beauty shop with a picture of me with my hair longer, the way I wanted it cut now. She scalped me! She cut all my hair off. I absolutely want to crawl in a hole. I cry every time I look in the mirror. I don't want to go out of the house. I'm so discouraged. It has taken so long to get my hair grown out and now I have to start all over. What should I do? Can I do anything besides just let it grow?:(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 11:38 AM
    I have moved your post to the Beauty & Skin Care board of the forum.
    Kriscool Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Put a hat on. Don't get it cut by the same person and don't become depressed. That's all I've got.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 6, 2007, 05:52 PM
    If you don't like your short hair cut, you can go from a short length to medium or long length with hair extensions. Hair extensions involve attaching human or synthetic hair to your natural hair by one of many different methods available today. If you decide to get hair extensions, you should consult with a hairstylist.
    sanz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Hair extensions are the way to go...
    meowr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Tell me about it, hairdressers who don't communicate. Meh. I had my fringe finally grow out from being just 2inches to covering my eyelids and I went to a hairdresser to trim my hair. I told him to soften my fringe, but instead he chopped it off. I would have been fine with a blunt cut fringe. But! He used a layering scissors so now I look like a village idiot trying to look trendy.

Anyhoo, it's been a week and I've been trying to speed up hair growth. I drink soyabean milk once a day and use shampoo and conditioner with soybean extract. I'm also taking a normal vitamin supplement because I don't eat regular meals. I heard kelp extract works and I'm going to buy some later. Although I do have some dried kelp which I snack on.

I don't know if my hair is growing any faster, but it is looking a lot healthier and feeling a lot stronger. That's definitely a consolation.
    XxtinkxX Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 10:49 AM
    I would definitely never go back to the same hair dresser. No matter what you say they sometimes get in a style rut or the latest trends and pressume that's what everyone wants.
    I'm the same I'm trying to grow my hair from mid to longish. I went for a trim and they cut inches of my hair. I never ran home so quick I was devistated too.
    Don't fear there's always some nice hats you can wear
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Try hair extenions! They work wonderz (and NEVER go back to that styleist again!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Suicidal! [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend has recently gone off to uni, I'm stuck here without him. Recently he cheated on me and I don't no what to do I love him and I want to be with him, but he thinks its best to break up as he wants to experience other girlfriends. I was his first love and he was mine. Neither of us have...

Can I re-dye my hair again the same day? [ 2 Answers ]

I have just had my hair dyed at the hairdressers and hate the colour. I also had some highlights put through it but they came out way too blonde, and now it looks like I have grey hair!! I have got a do it yourself dye (the colour I normally use every other time), is it a problem to use this...

My best friend is suicidal [ 5 Answers ]

How do I reply to this? This is a message my best friend sent me today. "read this!!!!! hunter whenever u get this....i love you...(not in the gay way) but as a brother...as the only one that cares...without you...i would do something really stupid to myself...but yeah...last night...i cut...

Suicidal friend [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my friend has been hurting herself due to a break-up with her boyfriend. She has lost allot of weight and is cutting her arms. She talks about killing herself. I don’t no what to do because she is staring to be mean to us her friends and I don’t want to cause her any more pain but she is...

View more questions Search