Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blondie12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Blonde hair too brassy
    I used a lightener to dye my hair blonde with 40 developer. The product is suppose to lift to 7 levels. I have brownish hair. I am white blonde at the roots but after that it is a brassy color mid shaft. What should I do?

I usually get it done at a salon and they usually apply bleach and then use color at the roots. So the part that is orange is the part that had color applied to it before.

Why when you use bleach is it orange at the bottom? I had it there for 45 minutes, it is not a timing issue.
    bamfdoll Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2012, 10:42 PM
    To remove the brassiness, apply a toner, like ManicPanic's Virgin Snow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair is too orange(brassy) [ 3 Answers ]

I had my hair colored last week and highlighted at the salon. My natural color is an ashy blonde. The color looked nice but the hightlights turned out orange. I returned to the salon and she put more highlights in and nothing but white and orange turned up. I went back again and now I am still too...

Hair color gone brassy [ 1 Answers ]

My stylist wanted me to go blonde all over. I am naturally a dark brown. I usually had it highlighted. When she put the blonde on I went very brassy. Then she dyed it and highlighted. I turned a horrible brassy. Now I am brassy with brown roots. I want to go back to brown with very blonde...

Hair turned brassy now what? [ 3 Answers ]

Could I use dish soap or laudry soap to nutralize?? What woulw work with out having to go out and get another bottle

Brassy gold blonde hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I need to do something to fix my hair, it is just overly hightlighted. I am a natural level 6 -7. I have warm tones in my hair, but NOT red. I have dyed my hair red in the past, but it always fades out too quickly. I am fairly open to suggestions. Basically I just want the least amount...

Brassy hair? [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have a ? I was before I dyed my hair a dark blonde and went and bought a light blonde to dye my hair with... well when I dyed it the ends are light but the roots and top of my hair is real brassy in color... what would be the best way to correct it... should I put the other box of light blonde...

View more questions Search