Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilchatterbomb91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 01:26 PM
    How to fade away black dyed hair that can not be bleached.
    About last year, I have dyed my hair black, and did easy straight (a chemical that straightens hair) over it. But now I want to dye my hair brown. So I went to a hair dresser to bleach my hair, and once its blonde, dye it brown. So I went, and they told me that because I had done 'easy straight' my hair was too dry that if they bleached it, my hair would melt... so what do I do in that case? Please answer me!! Thanks a whole bunch.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Sweetie, the hairstylist is right. If your hair is chemically relaxed or in bad condition, it's not safe to bleach it because it can severely damage your hair. You should wait a few months before dyeing your hair. In the mean time, use a deep conditioning treatment at least twice a week. Conditioners will smooth the damaged outer surface of the hair by coating the hair and restore moisture that chemical processing strips off.
    haircrazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 11:35 AM
    I died my hair constantly black, and desided one day I wanted to go bright blonde, so my hairdresser stripped my hair and it WENT ORANGE? And she was suppose to dye over the striped colour a brown, and then gradually have highlights, it would take 6 months I was willing to that so, when she left it orange I went back in two weeks hoping it would change, she died over the orange hair with blonde higglights which made no differece at all, so I died it back black, recently I had my hair bleached again! This time by someone I trusted! And she done amazing I had light brown hair and was very pleased until I came back from holiday, my hair went ginger which obviously would happen because of the chlorine and sun, so I desided to save myself money just coming back from holidays, and I bought a dark brown colour, WHICH TURNED OUT BLACK! I was so annoyed, I had to bleach it again, and I put it a medium brown on it, which made it a dark brown/black, and I am now currently sitting on my sofa with fairy liquid in my hair! I've bleached my hair 3 times, and my hair is not as damaged as I thought it would be, its actually okay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fade my black hair dye? [ 36 Answers ]

The day before yesterday I dyed my hair black. My natural hair color is dark brown and I like my hair really dark, but the black is a bit well... black :( . I want to fade it a bit and make it tone down a little faster. I have heard that washing your hair with Prell shampoo and putting hot...

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

I bleached my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have dyed my dark brown hair black for 2-3 years now and recently I bleached my hair, making it go brown. I bleached it again and now it is orange! And it won't go blonde, what can I do?

Bleached hair and swimming [ 1 Answers ]

I just bleached my hair and I want to go swimming will my hair turn green, what can I do to avoid this from happing.

View more questions Search