Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samanthajane3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 05:46 AM
    i dyed my hair too much!!
    OK, so this is pretty much my problem, I'm only 15 & I've dyed my hair about, 4 times since August. First I dyed it really dark. Then dyed it light brown. So 2nights ago I reliezed my roots were coming in and that I should go for a new color. I chose "chocolate cherry" by loriel, feria? It came out PURPLE! So the next day I got the same dark color I got my first time. Now its BLACK =( & I want to get it back to light light brown. I'm scared out of my mind to touch it again, should I let a pro do it? Or should I bleach it? I'm not sure if bleaching is the best thing, I have really nice silky hair & I don't want to ruin it. HELP?
    lgehner Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 07:27 AM
    That Feria stuff is a JOKE! I, too, ended up with maroon/purple hair :eek: when I used it. I tried to get my hair back to normal with another store bought dye and it didn't do a thing.

I had to spend nearly $120 and 6 hours at the salon to get mine fixed. My hair is a dirty blonde color to the middle of my back and the stylist had to bleach it, then color, then color some more, then highlight to get it to look semi-normal.

Sorry to say, but I think you'd best go to the salon. And, stay away from Feria!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 20, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Hello, Samantha. I've read the e-mail you've sent me. If you want to go from black to light brown hair, you will need to pre-lighten your hair and then deposit the desired color. I recommend that you go to the salon and have a hairstylist correct the color for you. Some hairstylists will do a one-step coloring process without bleaching your hair. He/she can use a high lift hair color to achieve the color you want to have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I hate my new hair dyed colour! [ 7 Answers ]

Please can someone help me!! I dyed my hair this afternoon to a dark browny colour and at first I liked it but after a wile I saw it was just awful!! Its made me cry for ages because of it and I really need someone's help! I've been looking on the internet and people are saying I shouldn't try...

Help with dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Argh I recently dyed my hair black, my natural hair is blonde and I'm getting the worst regrowth already, and soon ill be going on roccatain(spelt something like that) and I really want to get rid of it because while I'm on the med I will have my formal... :eek: and I won't be able to do anything...

Change shade of dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I do really need a good advice how to get rid of orange shade of my dyed hair. My natural haircolor is dark ash blond and I wanted to get light ash blond so I bought a color at a store that said "extra ash blond", expecting nice white sandy blond. But!! I am light orange! :eek: I went to...

Hair dyed unevenly [ 2 Answers ]

My natural color is medium/dark brown. I've been highlighting my hair for about 4 years, then dyed it all over a light brown about a month ago. I didn't like how it turned out, so about a week ago I used a demi-permanent dye that is very close to my natural color. I love the color, but the only...

Highlight too dark dyed hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair a light ash brown and it is really dark, esp. since I am a dark blonde normally. Should I wait for it to fade and continue to get funny looks from friends OR should I put some highlights in to break up the all over brown? I have only washed it once and underneath this new...

View more questions Search