Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinkerbellchild Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 09:17 PM
    Dying my black hair red
    OK my hair was naturally red,like a long time ago,this school year when I came I dyed it black, after a while I have been wanting my red back, well me and a friend bought the light arburn red lazt night and did my hair,it died my roots really pretty but the rest didn't work,llike you can barley even see a red tint on the black.I really want to go back to a red color but I ain't got a lot of money and I want to do it good though,I really don't want to bleach it cuase I've heard f I do then I have to stay blonde a week and I can't do that so will someone just help me out.thanks-tink
    lgehner Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 07:23 AM
    I think it's L'Oreal that makes a product that removes hair dye from your hair. I've seen it at Walmart and used it a LONG time ago when a dye job went bad. It works pretty well and is inexpensive.

Another time a dye job went bad, my stylist "fixed" it for me and it only cost $30. Maybe call around to salons to see if someone has a special going if you're leery about using the store bought stuff.

Good luck!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 20, 2006, 03:18 PM
    In order to go from black to red hair, you must first lightening the hair with bleach (hydrogen peroxide) and then apply the desired color. After you bleach your hair, you can deposit your desired color immediately. This process is difficult to do yourself. You should consider going to the salon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Dying your hair black [ 17 Answers ]

I'm considering dying my hair black but I've heard that it's unhealthy in some ways. I was wonderinf if any of you know if it's harmful?

Dying dark hair red [ 12 Answers ]

I'm going to give a lot of background so forgive me for being wordy. I have naturally dark auburn hair. Actually, it's more dark than it is auburn but the red highlights are definitely there. In fact, I have a natural streak of true carrot-top red on my front hairline and I really love it (my...

Dying hair a lighter color [ 8 Answers ]

Long story short. My hair bleaches out a lot in the sun and I did some stuff to help bleach it out too Anyway yesterday I bought dark brown hair dye so I could get my hair back to normal! But now my hair is like black! I have washed it a lot and its no longer black but it is still a really dark...

Red or black shoes? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I am going to a Christmas party and I've got this great RED dress with black lacy/sparkly type designs on it. I am wearing black earrings, a black necklace and carrying a small black purse. I found these beautiful shoes that come in both red and in black (they both have a sparkly strap to...

View more questions Search