Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nnielsen454 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 07:23 PM
    Do I dye my hair righat away after stripping the color?
    Is it okay to dye my hair right away after stripping it? Like right after?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nnielsen454 View Post
    Is it okay to dye my hair right away after stripping it? Like right after?
    Your hair and scalp would be stressed after stripping. I would recommend waiting 3 or 4 days until you dye it again, but I know you won't follow that advice, mainly because of how your hair would look.

Tick
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 06:38 AM

As tickle said, the scalp is the concern here. The hair doesn't care. A lot of people dye it right away.
    COURTfacebaby Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 12:51 AM

I did that.
    Though when I was bleaching it it burnt my scalp a lot, and was really itchy !
    So when I put hair dye in it really hurt,
    So I possibly would've waited a day after or so, so your scalp could have got used of it and make it less irritated
    503person Posts: 57, Reputation: 11

Aug 1, 2009, 11:37 PM

I've stripped it and then bleached it twice and then dyed it... all over the course of like two days. My scalp started to tingle a lot but it wasn't like unbearable. But, before I did all this to my hair I used a lot of deep conditioners on my hair for like a week beforehand, then after I was done (I went from black to blonde) I was really careful about getting my hair healthy because it was pretty dry. I snipped the end off from my bangs, and I used a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and I used garnier fructis leave in conditioner. You really got to baby your hair if you do that kind of stuff to it. No hair spray or blow dryers, things like that.
    kkariela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 07:31 AM
    Im a natural blonde and dyed my hair dark brown, went in to get it stripped now it is an orange color, can I dye it brown again?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kkariela View Post
    Im a natural blonde and dyed my hair dark brown, went in to get it stripped now it is an orange color, can I dye it brown again?
    Please don't piggyback on another thread. Start your own to receive answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stripping hair color [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Just yesterday I dyed my hair with a Clairol med brown color. My natural color is brown with red undertones. I am a warm. I have colored my hair over the years. I dyed it and it came out way to dark. It is like black on the bottom and on the top at my roots it is alburn. I want to...

Stripping out hair color [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get back to my natural color. Has anyone used "one and only colorfix'?

Hair color stripping [ 1 Answers ]

How long after you have had the color stripped from your hair, can you re-color? I had it done two days ago, is it too soon?

Stripping my hair color then dying it AND highlighting it? [ 2 Answers ]

I've dyed my hair many times myself from brown to blonde and now I'm brown again. My hair is a little fried from all the dying and straightening. I just want to go to a salon and finally have them do my hair, I think because I've dyed my hair so many times though they will probably strip the color...

View more questions Search