Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolly-queen Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2006, 10:28 AM
    African American Hair
    I was wondering if there is a way to make african american hair wavy? I usually perm it but it doesn't stay wavy for long.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 4, 2006, 05:58 PM
    If you've had a soft curl permanent waving, you have to use a conditioner or curl activator daily to maintain the curls and proper moisture balance of the hair. You can also make your hair wavy by using a thermal curling iron or rollers.
    lolly-queen Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the post,:)

Does the thermal curling iron work on short hair also?
    Black n Proud Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2007, 11:06 AM
    There is a product that claims to accomplish this called "wash and wear relaxer" from keracare or something like that. Look it up and see if it can help you.
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
    I usually use a deep waver (heat styling product). I put styling mousse in my hair first so that the waves will hold but won't be crunchy or hard. After I wave my hair I run my fingers through it to separate the strands. It looks really natural in the end.
    redbone912 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 08:48 PM

Salonvoice.com - Ask Questions. Get Answers. questions about black hair care, get answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help. African American With Bad Acne. Help [ 32 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am a african american female with the worse acne possible. I have no idea what to do about all of this in my face. I have tried just about everything on the market and I am feeling hopeless now. At present, I am using proactiv solutions to try to clear up my face, and that seems not...

African American People [ 88 Answers ]

What are you using to lighten your skin? ... What has worked for you Chemical peels? Creams? Pills? or aLL three?

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

African American given names [ 8 Answers ]

Not having grown up with African Americans (I'm in northern Canada), I'm curious as to the significance of the unique, interesting names of many African American girls and women. For example, on American Idol, there is Tinnik, Mandisa, and of course Fantasia from 2 years ago. Is this some sort of...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

View more questions Search