Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karin02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 09:22 AM
    Dying dyed hair to blonde
    My hair colour is a naturally a very light blonde anyway but like a fool I chopped it all of and dyed it dark brown!
    Its been a about 4 months and the colour has faded out quite allot and I have had a few highlights but I am still not happy with the colour.
    I am determined to have my hair blonde again but do not want it to turn a funny colour because my hair is already dyed. I cannot afford to have a top stylist to colour my hair for me so would like to know the cheaper option to get my hair back! Thanks xx
    urkillinmesmalls Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 11:00 AM
    I dyed my naturally light blonde hair black for two years and decided to go blonde and did so successfully in about 3 weeks time. First I started stripping my hair color out with whatever I could use. I mostly used clarifying shampoos and baking soda to get the black fading. It didn't work too well but I was starting to see brown strieks so I knew it wasn't a lost cause. Eventually I went for a bleach. I bleached it and it was very orange and I didn't think bleaching it again would be good for me so I decided to go brown. I had the brown for a little while but definitely hated it and I waited just a few weeks and was able to bleach again (home bleaching kit--NOT 40 level developer from a beauty supply store as was recommended by my hairstylist) and it turned out great. I bleached it again and used a toner and it was a beautiful light blonde. The bleaching kit I used was Clairol's Maxi Blonde and I used the L'Oreal Tone Refiner Balancing Tone Gloss (Shade T1) for blondes. It worked beautifully and I have continued this process to lighten my hair ever since. I'm now dealing with a hair trauma of my own but it wasn't due to lightening my hair--I made the same mistake as you and tried to go a little darker!
    uksexymona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 01:14 PM
    I did dye my hair light blond now successfully.I am originally light brown.But I want to dye my pubic hair blond too.How can I do that?My pubic hair color is dark brown/black and I don't know how to start bleaching it down there.Please help.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 2, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Karin, if you want to go back to being very light blonde, you will need to do double process hair color (bleaching and toning). With the double coloring process, the color is lifted from your hair and your desired color is then deposited. This process is difficult to do yourself. I recommend that you have it professionally done.

Uksexymona, products containing bleach and ammonia can cause severe irritation to the pubic area. You should definitely go the salon or spa for this kind of process. If you plan to do it yourself, please use extreme caution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Argh I recently dyed my hair black, my natural hair is blonde and I'm getting the worst regrowth already, and soon ill be going on roccatain(spelt something like that) and I really want to get rid of it because while I'm on the med I will have my formal... :eek: and I won't be able to do anything...

Change shade of dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I do really need a good advice how to get rid of orange shade of my dyed hair. My natural haircolor is dark ash blond and I wanted to get light ash blond so I bought a color at a store that said "extra ash blond", expecting nice white sandy blond. But!! I am light orange! :eek: I went to...

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

Help me get my yuk dyed hair to a nice color! [ 3 Answers ]

I used to be blonde, and recently I went to the hair dresses to fix my regrowth, I told her I would like to get my colour changed just a little bit so I wouldn't have to keep coming back to get it fixed, like go light brown or something. Anyway I came out with red hair and it is horrible!! :eek: I...

Hair dyed unevenly [ 2 Answers ]

My natural color is medium/dark brown. I've been highlighting my hair for about 4 years, then dyed it all over a light brown about a month ago. I didn't like how it turned out, so about a week ago I used a demi-permanent dye that is very close to my natural color. I love the color, but the only...

View more questions Search