Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 10, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Knitting pattern an afghan
    I posted this on the craft forum too but I'm not sure if that was the right part of the forum

I'm working on a simple afghan. There is a no real pattern other than the dimensions.

Should I do just a garter stitch or maybe four rows garter and 4 something else (that is a simple stitch)

I like the idea of a plain afghan but I also can't decide on strips
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 09:28 AM

This pattern should be up to you. If this is your own creation then anything goes. I've been knitting for over 55 years and have made all sorts of things without any set pattern to it. If you want something special, you could do a simple cable stitch involving about 10 stitches. I used to knit the intricate Irish Fisherman's sweaters with cables, etc and they were actually fun to do after I got the hang of the pattern. But this would be a tad too late now for you to do as you've already started this project.
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Feb 2, 2010, 12:06 PM
    You might also take a look at www.ravelry.com and see if there are any afghans with stiches you like or also Mypicot JUST started their knitting index. Have fun! Post pictures when your project is done:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knitting pattern row for afghan [ 3 Answers ]

I'm working on a simple afghan. There is a no real pattern other than the dimensions. Should I do just a garter stitch or maybe four rows garter and 4 something else (that is a simple stitch) I like the idea of a plain afghan but I also can't decide on strips

How to fix a crocheted afghan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a crocheted afghan that my mother had made. Apparently, one row was poor quality yarn and has broken is several places. Can anyone help me figure out how to crochet it back together and make it look right? I know there has to be a trick to it, but I can't seem to get it right. ...

Knitting and Felting [ 4 Answers ]

I'm just learning to knit. I have just learned of the felting technique. I was wondering how you go about making the tiny balls sometimes used as décor or even beads...

What pattern is this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have this Johnson Bros Old English gravy boat with the small rose and gold pattern and I haven't been able to find it's value. Any help?

View more questions Search