Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiebabyy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2006, 04:07 PM
    What color would my hair fade into..
    Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my eyebrows. Well I see many more red strands then my natural dark brown and my eyebrows are REALLY annoying me. I hate the color contrast. My boyfriends mom told me its very unhealthy to dye your eyebrows anyway. I do like the color, its gorgeous, but its just not me. I would like it to fade a bit.. I dyed it yesterday morning and today I washed it with dandruff shampoo but I see no diffrence. Tommorw I'm going to make a trip to Walgreens for Prell because it's 3 bucks so I really don't see how it's not worth a try. I don't want to rid myself of the clor completely, just to tone down a bit. Forget the fact I have to face my peers tomorrow, I care more about the fact that I have senior portraits a week from tomorrow!! So besides some tips on what I can do, I have yet another problemo.

If I have a scrub down with prell, will mydyed red hair end up orange:eek: ?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 13, 2006, 12:18 AM
    Angie, red hair color is usually the fastest to fade, and it can become brassy. Hair dyes tend to fade when washed frequently or when hot water is used. You could end up with an orange hue if you try to fade your hair, it's best to shampoo less. To keep your red hair from looking orange, try using a color-enhancing shampoo and matching conditioner. If your unsatisfied with the color of your eyebrows, you can use an eyebrow pencil to lighten or darken them. Choose a powder brow color or a pencil color that matches or flatters your hair color. You may want to experiment with a few shades to find your best look for you.
    AsinineBlondie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Luckily my hair problem isn't nearly as bad as most on previous threads. I have medium blonde hair, and I dyed it red using Loreal Color Pulse in Red Pulse. I've always wanted to dye my hair red, and the box said it would wash out after 8 to 10 washings. Not so.

From what I've read, using Prell would just make it turn orange, definitely a no go for me. Has anybody used Color Oops on red dyed hair?:confused: I miss my blonde!!

Thanks to everyone!
    chupaflor88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Comment on PrettyLady's post
    Thank you
    Eaglesflying Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AsinineBlondie
    Luckily my hair problem isn't nearly as bad as most on previous threads. I have medium blonde hair, and I dyed it red using Loreal Color Pulse in Red Pulse. I've always wanted to dye my hair red, and the box said it would wash out after 8 to 10 washings. Not so.

From what I've read, using Prell would just make it turn orange, definitely a no go for me. Has anybody used Color Oops on red dyed hair?:confused: I miss my blonde!!!

Thanks to everyone!

I have used Color Oops and Color Fix also but my hair was not red. The Color Oops took off the color I didn't want it worked great. The Color Fix it just lighten my hair allot almost a Medium Blonde. But the Color Fix I tried on my hair... but now my hair looks like it's getting a little dark again not allot though. Good luck and God Bless:)
    tiger117 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 12:25 AM

About a week ago I got my hair colored to cover my grays. The colorist tried to match the swatch as closely as possible to my natural color, which is a dark/dirty blonde. The color used was Matrix Socolor 509N. The outcome was a bright, dreadful red/orange. They tried to tell me how "beautiful" it was but I was so upset I just left the salon. A few days later I went back in and asked them to fix it, they put a medium brown on my hair (I don't know which number) and it turned a dark orange/red. Disgusted, I went to a different salon where the colorist applied double ash to my hair. The result of this application was a dark brunette/brown, pretty and much better than the red. I have never had hair this dark before and it is a major shock, even though I am pleased with it. I work in the sun a lot (we farm/ranch) so will the sun bleach my hair like it normally does or will it just take away the brown and leave me with that awful red color again? I am not at all high maintenance so this is killing me... I am desperate to return to my natural color!
    tiger117 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 12:51 AM

Also, I forgot to ask this question, if my hair does fade out to the red/orange color again, should I leave it alone? Will the sun bleach the red out to a blonde? I really am desperate. I have engagement pictures in 6 weeks! I am just really not sure what to do. Since I have never died my hair before and I don't ever use heat on it, it is in really good condition. On the other hand I have had it dyed three times in the past week (all color deposits though, which I am told is not as harsh). Should I consider having it stripped? If I have it stripped will it take all of my color, even my natural? If it doesn't take my natural... will it still look natural? I am really upset about this. I don't know why I let myself get so worked up over a few gray hairs that I would allow someone to do this to my hair!
    annieslp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 09:13 PM
    Oh you poor thing... I know how you feel.

I had a copper colour put on my already bleached hair... then this morning decided to touch it up myself. Chose the wrong colour and it came out RED/PINK. I called a salon and they covered it with dark brown. I have not been this dark in years and the closer I look I can see how dreadfully uneven it is. I am so upset and don't know what to do..

I would be interested to hear what happened to you... I see your post is a year old now.. HELP please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fade my black hair dye? [ 36 Answers ]

The day before yesterday I dyed my hair black. My natural hair color is dark brown and I like my hair really dark, but the black is a bit well... black :( . I want to fade it a bit and make it tone down a little faster. I have heard that washing your hair with Prell shampoo and putting hot...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Tips to fade semi-permanent hair after 48 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Last Thursday I had my hair dyed at a salon and it came out black. My hair is naturally dirty blonde and I just wanted it a shade darker than my roots to even it all out. I really don't know what she did to make it so dark. I didn't think to try home remedies when I got home and went away for...

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

How to make dark hair dye fade faster [ 207 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair "dark brown" and it came out too dark. I don't want to strip or bleach my hair, I just want to make the color fade a little faster. I've read about several ways to do this and I wanted to know if anyone knew the best method or if any of these really work. Here are the...

View more questions Search