Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

May 22, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Skin Care Tips
    Home skin care

1. It is essential to avoid exposure to direct sunlight, it is also advisable to put on sunscreen, some moisturizing products after face cleansing also offers SPF protection.
    2. Give up the smoking, as your skin is a organ and smoking adds toxins in your body, therefore decreasing oxygen to your skin and creating a dull dry tone.
    3. Drink plenty of water, and eat a well balanced diet. Skin, along with hair and nails has a lot to do with your nutritional intake, and while using facial products that alone will not ease your skin trouble. Rest is also vital to having beautiful skin.
    4. Don't waste too much money on skin care products especially when cleansing at night because some products will cause a build up on your face. Try to choose the right product that suits your skin. EX; if you have oily skin it is not always a great idea to add additional moisture as it will just build up on your face.
    5. Do not pick, poke, scratch or attempt to pop a pimple, especially if your hands are dirty. Avoid touching your face as much as possible. Keep your face trauma free unless it can scar.
    6. It is important that you throw away old cosmetics, 6-12 months is the lifespan. Mascara however should be thrown away after three months. Because of the bacteria, along with eye liner pencils. So don't spend too much money on cosmetics if you don't use them often. They do have a lifespan.
    7. Exercise to keep circulation flowing, remember the skin is an organ and needs to be taking care of.
    8. More is not always better, over exfoliating and moisturizing in excess has no benefits. Exfoliating too much can began to irritate the skin, and over moisturizing is just building excess oil on your skin causing a greasy look.
    9. When introducing your face to a new product gradually apply and give it time to work. Some products can do more damage, and may irritate your skin more because of potential allergens.
    10. Antioxidants are essential for your skin and can be found in vegetables and fruits so make them a part of your diet.
    11. Cosmetics are good at concealing imperfections however if you take better care of your skin, it will decrease your use for cosmetics, and remember to find products that work for you, do not try to be the next covergirl as often times those magazines are photoshop to give that perfect finish.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 22, 2008, 06:44 PM
    This is some great advice, thank you... What would you suggest for getting rid of blackheads and shrinking the pores so that it doesn't happen anymore?

I've tried all the face washes and pore strips... nothing.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

May 22, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Here is a link that can give you an insight on blackheads I hope it helps How to Get Rid of Blackheads
    swapno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 08:04 PM
    I've pigmentation on both cheeks, can suggest me what should I do for that?
    Also want to get pregnant, give me some tips. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lookng for home health care tips for fianc?'s mom who has a replaced hip that no long [ 3 Answers ]

We are seeking advice to help us take care of my fiance's mother. She is 92 and has had 4 hip replacements in her life, 3 on one hip. It is that hip that is causing the most problems now. Recently, after sitting for a while, when she tries to rise from the chair and walk she is unable to do so...

Skin care [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of dark underarms,elbows,knees n neck within a week or 2?? :confused:

Skin care [ 1 Answers ]

I want to lighten my skin without bleaching it what is the best lightner I can used what are some product beside bleaching crean.

View more questions Search